First day out over water

Reaction score
Hey all
So on the best day of weather so far this year here in the UK we decided to hit the coast.
Beautiful day. Two fully charged batteries and the sea.
First day flying over water and was very confident.
Edited 18 minutes of video to barely 4 and very happy with the result.
Getting to grip with techniques to use on the upcoming Caribbean holiday :wink:
Used Litchi waypoints to get the reversing selfie, although I should have slowed it down and added a long pause at the beginning during planning, but it's a learning curve. Slowed the video instead.
ND16 filter.
Windsurfer antenna booster (although I don't think I really needed to use it).
Mixture of Litchi and GO apps for filming.
Windows Movie Maker for editing.
Great day had.

Very well done. You are ready for your vacation trip now.

Reactions: chessman
Hey all
So on the best day of weather so far this year here in the UK we decided to hit the coast.
Beautiful day. Two fully charged batteries and the sea.
First day flying over water and was very confident.
Edited 18 minutes of video to barely 4 and very happy with the result.
Getting to grip with techniques to use on the upcoming Caribbean holiday :wink:
Used Litchi waypoints to get the reversing selfie, although I should have slowed it down and added a long pause at the beginning during planning, but it's a learning curve. Slowed the video instead.
ND16 filter.
Windsurfer antenna booster (although I don't think I really needed to use it).
Mixture of Litchi and GO apps for filming.
Windows Movie Maker for editing.
Great day had.

Thank you for sharing your video. I really like to see the creative things that people can do with their Phantoms and video editing. I'm sure you will get wonderful footage during your vacation, especially considering the awesome natural beauty of the Caribbean. I hope you'll have a shot or two that you'd be willing to share when you get home.

I see you have a drifting horizon. Sometimes slanted to the left, sometimes to the right and sometimes straight. I have the same issue. Everyone who doesn't have that particular issue thinks that a level and/or cold IMU calibration will fix it, or that adjusting the gimbal roll will fix it. I sincerely wish that were true! What have you tried to fix it?

Reactions: chessman
Nice video. What editor are you using?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks everyone for your priceless advice and support so far.
Its gone midnight here in the UK so I'm off to bed. Surprising what video editing can do to keep you awake, lol.

I see noticed you speed it up. But no sound.

I see noticed you speed it up. But no sound.

Tony
Download Windows Movie Maker, it's free (you may already have it depending on which version of Windows you're running).
Click 'add video' and find some footage you've taken.
Drag the slider about and hit 'split' to chop it into little scenes then right click on the ones you don't want and 'remove'.
Select 'edit' tab and click on individual frames to adjust their speed etc. (this wont affect the music)
Select the 'animation' tab and choose which transitions you want between each scene (fade, dissolve etc).
Make sure you're happy with the video before adding music.
Go to Free Music Archive and search for music at least as long as your now edited video. Download a track you're happy with.
Click 'add music' tab, find your downloaded track and add.
Preview - play with controls and different edits, add text if you like.
Worst case hit 'undo' and do stuff again.
Just experiment.
Once happy hit 'save video' top right.
Choose high definition format (1080p).
Job done :)

Hi Chessman What video format do you use to be able to use Windows Movie Maker ?

I shot in .mov format.
Rendered into a hi-res mp4 in Movie Maker.
I actually have a copy of Sony Vegas but it is much more involved and I don't know my way around it too well.
Movie Maker works perfectly for a quick edit (if you can call it 'quick' lol)

I shot in .mov format.
Rendered into a hi-res mp4 in Movie Maker.
I actually have a copy of Sony Vegas but it is much more involved and I don't know my way around it too well.
Movie Maker works perfectly for a quick edit (if you can call it 'quick' lol)
I use Sony Vegas 11 and trying to get a decent compression is a problem it seems. Maybe I should try movie maker. Is it 1080p max render ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very nice!

...but also I noted the 1-2° drifting horizon. BTW just today I did cold (sadly only +5°C outside today ;-) IMU calibration followed by Gimbal calibration.

Lovely images and nice edit, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks Chessman for reply. I've used WMM in the past easy to use and does more than I need ( basically edit long videos ) but wouldn't accept mov. How/what is rendering ? Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl