Firmware update

Reaction score
I have not flown my P3A for almost a year. Got it out today and went straight to updating the firmware on bird. Download and put the bin onto a micro USB card. Put it in the bird then inserted the battery and turned on. Strobe lights are solid red on camera side and flashing white on the other. The gimbal light stays solid green and there is no beeping at all for at least 20 minutes.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If I could quote "Homer Simpson"....Duup!.......I say that because there is no reason to update. There have not been updates for the P3A in quite some time. In answer to your question however, is do you have the bin file on in the root directory on the SD card? And did you update the RC through the app first?

If I could quote "Homer Simpson"....Duup!.......I say that because there is no reason to update. There have not been updates for the P3A in quite some time. In answer to your question however, is do you have the bin file on in the root directory on the SD card? And did you update the RC through the app first?
The Bin file is on the root, so it really doesn't matter if I leave it on the old firmware ? I have not tried to up date RC yet.

Last edited:
The Bin file is on the root, so it really doesn't matter if I leave it on the old firmware ?
No, it really does not matter. Nothing of great significance will be gained by updating, IMO. I still fly on old firmware.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
And.......many here also.... "Fly on Older Firmware". Fly Dawg your reply's and Help to the many questions here on this Phantom Pilots forum are Great as i sure have learned a whole lots from them.......Thank You.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT