firmware update recover?

Reaction score
My firmware update did not compelete because my dog stepped on the USB cable. Now every time I restart DJI Assistant it goes to Update 39% and the drone beeps.

Any ideas?

My firmware update did not compelete because my dog stepped on the USB cable. Now every time I restart DJI Assistant it goes to Update 39% and the drone beeps.

Any ideas?
When the AC starts beeping, just leave it on. It will complete the update. It may take a little longer but it will complete as it has to start the process once again. When the beeping stops, it means it started from where it left off.
You can always use the Go app to complete as well. (Recommended)

Tried that many time. Usually fails at 30-40% update, did get to 56% once. Tried two windows PCs, no joy. The usb drivers are crap, or the implementation of them is. For best results use a very short, fat USB cable. I would also suggest not running any other apps/programs, but I suspect the bootloader USB support in the drone is the culprit. I can't avoid lost connection issues. I had App store issues and could not upgrade DJI Go. Old version said to slide, then nothing happened at all. Is there some place you can click to update firmware in the app?

Tried that many time. Usually fails at 30-40% update, did get to 56% once. Tried two windows PCs, no joy. The usb drivers are crap, or the implementation of them is. For best results use a very short, fat USB cable. I would also suggest not running any other apps/programs, but I suspect the bootloader USB support in the drone is the culprit. I can't avoid lost connection issues. I had App store issues and could not upgrade DJI Go. Old version said to slide, then nothing happened at all. Is there some place you can click to update firmware in the app?
The Go App will tell you if the firmware needs to be updated after powering up the bird. Does the status window even show up if you power the AC on?

Ok, I learned a couple of things, the big one being the Assitant 2 program is unstable, luckily it copies the firmware to the drone, the the drone runs the update. The PC program justs receives status data, and can continue if the upload fails. Once the drone starts updating dont turn it off for 15 minutes. I could finish updating even though it says it failed. The DJI GO app no longer asked for an update after I got it upgraded. The update had completed on the drone. DJI, you need to fix this. I spent 4 to 5 hours listening to the **** error beeps. Please add a switch to mute those, or only play while flying, or something.

Is there any way to read the upgrade logs to see why they fail?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures