Firmware update dji go4

Reaction score
Hi, i recently purchased 2 dji drones, one is a phantom 3 pro (for work) and a phantom 4 (recreation) a couple of weeks ago. I tried using my SG7 for both and it was wonky at best so after alot of research I bit the bullet and got an Ipad mini4.
Today I tried to see how it would work on both the P3pro and the P4, I started with the P3pro downloaded the app to the mini, plugged in the Ipad to controller and updated firmware and the P3pro flew awsome, great video feed, snapped some pictures everything ran great.
On to the P4, downloaded app, hooked up ipad to remote and was told to update firmware, hooked ipad to drone and it got to 99 percent fairly quick and just sat there at 99 percent, so after about 45 minutes and reading an other article in thus drone forum I disconnected and restarted the tablet, remote and drone.
Hooked everything up to fly and hit start on go4 app and video feed was messed up big time and a box would come up saying update required and I followed directions and plugged tablet right into drone and nothing happened, no box came up saying updating, just controller flashing white/red/green and drone flashing white lights. I left it like this for about a half an hour and still nothing telling me status, looked like nothing was happening so I disconnected it. Tried this another time with same results.
I now have a drone that i can fly ok, but zero video which kind of defeats one big reason I enjoy flying.
Any help would be appreciated.
Can I use two different dji go apps on same tablet?
Did having android software on the go 4 app mess it up?
Is there any way to reset everything to factory and start fresh?
Does anyone know if latest apple software doesnt play well with the latest firmware for the phantom 4?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, i recently purchased 2 dji drones, one is a phantom 3 pro (for work) and a phantom 4 (recreation) a couple of weeks ago. I tried using my SG7 for both and it was wonky at best so after alot of research I bit the bullet and got an Ipad mini4.
Today I tried to see how it would work on both the P3pro and the P4, I started with the P3pro downloaded the app to the mini, plugged in the Ipad to controller and updated firmware and the P3pro flew awsome, great video feed, snapped some pictures everything ran great.
On to the P4, downloaded app, hooked up ipad to remote and was told to update firmware, hooked ipad to drone and it got to 99 percent fairly quick and just sat there at 99 percent, so after about 45 minutes and reading an other article in thus drone forum I disconnected and restarted the tablet, remote and drone.
Hooked everything up to fly and hit start on go4 app and video feed was messed up big time and a box would come up saying update required and I followed directions and plugged tablet right into drone and nothing happened, no box came up saying updating, just controller flashing white/red/green and drone flashing white lights. I left it like this for about a half an hour and still nothing telling me status, looked like nothing was happening so I disconnected it. Tried this another time with same results.
I now have a drone that i can fly ok, but zero video which kind of defeats one big reason I enjoy flying.
Any help would be appreciated.
Can I use two different dji go apps on same tablet?
Did having android software on the go 4 app mess it up?
Is there any way to reset everything to factory and start fresh?
Does anyone know if latest apple software doesnt play well with the latest firmware for the phantom 4?

Thanks in advance.
HI Yip same boat ,,my tablet works all 3 apps,well it used 2,,litchi go4 and djigo,not a problem till last update ,(samsung tab A 10/1)app never conect but camera moves and Flys, old tablet with old version connects perfect,I did post this early and now know I not only one with this issue, did email dj support but got a stupid reply, tried all sorts but no luck for me so not using tablet till next update comes out and hoping it come right (p4)

How do you like litchi? I noticed under every other drone in the download sections they have a section listed for firmware but for some reason they have only a section saying software. Since the 3 pro flys perfect I think its safe to say there is a bug with the go 4 app. I hope it gets fixed or someone here has a fix.

Last edited:
Litchi is a good app at least it was stable,have only used twice in last month, been trying to sort dj app out,ever since me update I can't conect to litchi ether ,tried device reset,rebooting device,booting the device, nearly booted drone,back up data was on and lost nearly everything and still no conect,,It was perfect before update,new firmware nows says old fw ,I even took a pic of new fw for record that is was a success, the unusual part is if it was a glitch in app or playstore updates there would be heaps of posting on this,I sure both our devices more than capable to run the app,I just bit glad I can still fly p4 with other tablet or would be grounded,it's on old version 4.1.5 and conects straight away

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164