Firmware 1.5, drifting issue, no signal issue

Ptr

Reaction score
This thread ONLY for us that have one of the above mentioned 2 issues or both if your that unlucky, there are lots of threads going for those of ye that don't have issues, eg Shockwave199 has one going for anybody that upgraded to 1.5, Bret Lucas has another for "issues are self induced", Tim_alabim for another crack thread & Rocket_Aus for duel battery mod ( all current ), if you don't have a issue your input & time are best spent there no offence, moderators please delete anything off this Topic as I can't, if anything it will give a indication / insight into this problem & its prevalence amongst us
Myself on FW 1.4 & back or forwards ??? & would like info from again ONLY those with the issues, while it might be in your best intentions to help please don't if you are happily flying no problems

I installed 1.5.3 yesterday and it did not fix my "no signal" issue. That being said, I'm now out of town and don't have my phantom with me to install the new RC firmware. I'm hoping that the New RC firmware update will fix my "no signal" issue.

I can't believe I'm actually looking for a little stronger wind to confirm, lol. I'm usually looking for low wind conditions. So far though, all has been good as far as drifting being fixed. I had the disconnect issue previously but solved it by adjusting some settings. This update has not broken it, still solid with not a hint of video glitch at all either. I would be very curious for anyone reporting this now as to their tablet or ipad, if they have hardware decode on or off, if they are video caching and if they are using auto channel or not and if not, what bit rate is working for you. And most importantly, if you changed anything back after this update and it's working well regardless.

I have updated and in test I find in 15mph and less no drifting. 17mph and up it will drift. It looks like it can pitch so much to correct. You can manually pitch a lot more to fix position. You shouldn't be flying over 17mph anyway.

I updated to FW 1.5.30 and also updated DJI Go App and RC. I use iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.2

I had the drifting issue. I tested today on a breezy condition, don't know the speed but didn't see any drifting. P3A was quite stable. I will fly again for next few days to check if the issue is really resolved.

I updated to FW 1.5.30 and also updated DJI Go App and RC. I use iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.2

I had the drifting issue. I tested today on a breezy condition, don't know the speed but didn't see any drifting. P3A was quite stable. I will fly again for next few days to check if the issue is really resolved.
hi don't you have any video lag problem with ipad mini2? I've the mini 2 and since the new ios9 I'm facing serious delay on the video feed, that disappear after 3-4 minutes of flying. (hardware decode on, airplane mode, all apps closed..)
:(

What Video transmit quality is everyone using? The 4mb or the highest 6mb? (Its where you choose the channels).

Thx.

What Video transmit quality is everyone using? The 4mb or the highest 6mb? (Its where you choose the channels).

Thx.
how is the video quality changed ?

Tap the little HD Icon in at the top of your DJI Go app and it will open the lightbridge video/channels page. You'll see a slider for video transmission quality.
thanks but its not there on my ipad (the little HD icon is there) but no slider.

hi don't you have any video lag problem with ipad mini2? I've the mini 2 and since the new ios9 I'm facing serious delay on the video feed, that disappear after 3-4 minutes of flying. (hardware decode on, airplane mode, all apps closed..)
:(
There is a lag in video but may be of less than half a second and it hardly matters to me. I don't continuously look at the screen. I look at the screen mainly to get battery remaining capacity and height and distances of the aircraft. Also radar is useful when you are far.

thanks but its not there on my ipad (the little HD icon is there) but no slider.
Thats odd. It should look like this.

lynh-phan-tips-5.jpg

You need to be in custom to see the slider. I don't think you will see the custom button if your new Air 2 is set to UK. It seems I recall that it needs to be set to US to get English and the custom settings for downlink quality.

There is a lag in video but may be of less than half a second and it hardly matters to me. I don't continuously look at the screen. I look at the screen mainly to get battery remaining capacity and height and distances of the aircraft. Also radar is useful when you are far.
sometimes the lag I've arrive to 2-3secs... :(

sometimes the lag I've arrive to 2-3secs... :(
You can't avoid the lag but can definitely reduce it by putting it to airplane mode, removing unwanted apps thus freeing storage space, stop all other apps on iPad, run just DJI Go, clear cache of maps, clear cache of video streams .....

You can't avoid the lag but can definitely reduce it by putting it to airplane mode, removing unwanted apps thus freeing storage space, stop all other apps on iPad, run just DJI Go, clear cache of maps, clear cache of video streams .....
tried and flying as you suggested, but didn't solve my problem

Thx.
I use the lowest, 4mb. Looks perfectly fine on my air2 and more importantly, I believe it may be about the biggest reason all video glitches have disappeared for me. That, and turning off video caching.

try 2 times fly battery the new update firmware! is feels like always but u can see the stability have decrease even wen i just have Outside winds 4m/s 2 time compás errors And thats never happen before but over all i am ok! i better wait And see what is go on for others ...

I have an iPad mini 2 with wifi. Using any iOS ABOVE iOS 8.4.1 gave me video lag. Downgrading back to iOS 8.4.1 gives me solid video with no lag. Therefore, I see no reason to upgrade to any higher iOS. Especially since I only use my iPad for the minimal apps that continue to work flawlessly that I've installed, and my Phantom.

Also, if I may suggest? When reporting issues, confusion seems to stem from the "No Signal" warning. That warning is designed to inform the pilot there is a loss of signal from the remote. NOT from the loss of video feed. So when reporting, one should say "Loss of Video" so as not to confuse the two totally different warnings. Also, we should note what devices we're using & software that's installed. iPad? iPhone? iOS? Android? Etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka