Firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone carries their firearm, while operating your drone. I know I've certainly thought about it. After all, I'm staring up at the sky or into a small pad instead of maintaining any situational awareness, whatsoever. It's actually a little disorienting to fly FPV, at first and I find myself walking around, unaware of my next step. This is like candy to a criminal. You're playing with a very expensive toy with almost no idea who may be scoping you out from the parking lot.
Now....Don't bite my head off, if you're from California and think guns are stupid. I'm from Texas and we have guns. If you just got "triggered", by the last paragraph, you'll just have to learn to deal or stop reading articles titled " firearms" and getting upset.
For the rest of you, do you ever consider carrying a firearm?

Last edited:
Reactions: jakobe75
I've thought about carrying my pistol also , Especially since I'm near Chicago . I certainly wouldn't be ok with being robbed for my drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: aermale
I've thought about it, but I'd need an open carry permit. You really can't conceal carry a sig 40 cal...[emoji41]

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep! I carry a small 9mm with me almost everywhere. I mostly fly places where its not a problem.

yup, Im conceal carry permit guy and have one with me always, whether Im flying or not. As the sheriffs office
here in rural Colo said " its a whole lot easier to carry a gun in your pocket than to carry a cop in your pocket ",
Its encouraged around these parts...

Reactions: fotodan and aermale
my wife and i form a team working farm and house calls as the only emergency veterinary services in a three county area here in the rural part of the redneck riviera. we both carry concealed... we are both very fond of .45 caliber although i firmly believe in fitting the proper tool to the required task... funny, i guess i never considered not being fully dressed while out flying my bird?

I would have no problem carrying while flying. But where I live we are all retired folks. I do carry pepper gel just in case a dog wants to play tag at my landing site. We have a leash law so if the dogs a running I'm a spraying.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I carry my .45 ...everywhere.....

Reactions: spryte and aermale
Yup always carry. I live in Detroit MI and really always on duty.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Glock 19 & 26. Concealed. I carry always....even to 7-11!

Samsung S7 Edge

Always.

Glock 30 usually open but concealed when the venue requires it.

AD (NRA instructor, among other things)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl