Filter ND for phantom 4 pro

Reaction score
I have one new phantom 4 pro. I want a filter for a better image in colors and not reflections in the sun. what better to get? ND8 or ND16? ND filter or UV? Dji or Polar Pro? Thank you.

Last edited:
PolarPro filters are really good.

Now, in different scenarios you will need different filters. If you shoot in the middle of the day, most likely you will go with ND16, ND8 is good for semi-cloudy, morning, evening shooting or even middle of the day depending of your need. UV filter you already have, it came it your Phantom, and it it for protecting your sensor from UV radiation if you shoot direst sunlight.

I am sure you meant polarized filter instead of UV. Polarized filters are good specially for shooting water since they let in only horizontal light. They will also add nice contrast to your video, and make some small f stop. Means of ND filter is to get your shutter speed to close if not exactly to 2x of your fps. If you shoot 4K@30fps then you want your shutter to be 60, so you can have nice motion blur in your shots. This is especially needed if you shoot 24 or 25fps. ND filters and Polarized filters will keep most of flares out of your shots.

If this is all too confusing, just google for use on ND filters :D

Reactions: giorgos1966
PolarPro filters are really good.

Now, in different scenarios you will need different filters. If you shoot in the middle of the day, most likely you will go with ND16, ND8 is good for semi-cloudy, morning, evening shooting or even middle of the day depending of your need. UV filter you already have, it came it your Phantom, and it it for protecting your sensor from UV radiation if you shoot direst sunlight.

I am sure you meant polarized filter instead of UV. Polarized filters are good specially for shooting water since they let in only horizontal light. They will also add nice contrast to your video, and make some small f stop. Means of ND filter is to get your shutter speed to close if not exactly to 2x of your fps. If you shoot 4K@30fps then you want your shutter to be 60, so you can have nice motion blur in your shots. This is especially needed if you shoot 24 or 25fps. ND filters and Polarized filters will keep most of flares out of your shots.

If this is all too confusing, just google for use on ND filters :D
A couple of observations- firstly an ND32 should be considered if you favour 25fps and will be shooting in the middle of the day with clear skies, an ND16 is good for cloud cover. Also a polariser may refuced the admitted light by up to 3 stops depending on its orientation, they don’t just attenuate horizontaly polarised light. I’m not sure how you might expect a polariser or ND to reduce lens flare, if anything it will make it more prominent. For flare you need a hood.

They will surely decrease flares, both ND and polarized. Not totally, but quite noticeably.
Also try PolarPro ND16 at cloudy day, it is too dark.

They will surely decrease flares, both ND and polarized. Not totally, but quite noticeably.
Also try PolarPro ND16 at cloudy day, it is too dark.
ND16 isn’t too dark in Australia on a cloudy day with the sun high in the sky. As to flare, I doubt a polariser would make any difference and can say, from my experience, an ND does nothing to reduce it. Which is lucky because it looks cool when the sun is in or just out of frame.

Which filters are you using?
ND4 and 8 principally, I shoot begining and end of day. I find polarisers useless for video, too great a change in effect when yawing and I find the change in saturation across a great expanse if sky can look a bit strange.

Τhe filters polar pro affect its movements gimbal? With ND8 and ND16 I'll be fine. I am from Greece with very sun

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164