Fell out of the sky

Reaction score
During my 6th or 7th flight since purchasing my Phantom 2 Vision, it just fell out of the sky. Battery was about 60% one second and then reported 0% on my iPhone. It started spinning out of control and crashed into the side of a neighbors house. Camera broken off, bracket on camera snapped, two props snapped, battery was ejected and it has multiple scrapes.

No idea what happened. It was about 300 feet up in the air and about 100 feet away from me.

I bought it from B&H Photo and Video. I guess I should call them.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

A suggestion:

Everyone who has had a fell-out-of-the-sky incident please post the P2V and battery serial numbers...

Could be a batch related issue here?

Geert said:
tgaynor said:
During my 6th or 7th flight since purchasing my Phantom 2 Vision, it just fell out of the sky. Battery was about 60% one second and then reported 0% on my iPhone. It started spinning out of control and crashed into the side of a neighbors house. Camera broken off, bracket on camera snapped, two props snapped, battery was ejected and it has multiple scrapes.

No idea what happened. It was about 300 feet up in the air and about 100 feet away from me.

I bought it from B&H Photo and Video. I guess I should call them.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sorry to hear that but .... Join the club

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4241#p29815

What are my chances with getting it replaced?

I would say the chances are zero if you don't report it. At least try. DJI needs to hear about each and every case. This thing is way too knew to have this many issues.

That's a lot of money to just give up on.

I winder if the blade 350 QX is seeing this kind of failure...

gpauk said:
A suggestion:

Everyone who has had a fell-out-of-the-sky incident please post the P2V and battery serial numbers...

I do not see a battery serial number.

The phantom serial is AG120411515053

tgaynor said:
gpauk said:
A suggestion:

Interesting -- my original battery has no serial, the new spare I just got has a serial number sticker on the back....

Drove into NYC this afternoon and B&H Photo and Video exchanged my Phantom 2 Vision with no hassle at all. Even got some money back because they were running a sale for Black Friday weekend!!

About to install all the firmware updates . . .

gpauk said:
tgaynor said:
gpauk said:
A suggestion:

Interesting -- my original battery has no serial, the new spare I just got has a serial number sticker on the back....

The battery serial No comes up in the Vision assistant software

My original had no sticker either, and strangely the original battery had a much higher serial No
than the extra replacement I purchased.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl