FC200 Camera Problems

Reaction score
I got my P2V December 2013. Works great. All of a sudden camera inoperative ( Got Slow Blink (Red 0.2s on, 1.8s off) indicating CMOS Problem. Gimbal works, ios app works -- just no picture ability.

Is this correctable by user or does camera need replacement? Thanks all

Hello, sorry to hear that. There's no known consumer reset function of the camera as yet. Rather than waste more flying time I would get in touch with your dealer and arrange for an exchange. Did this just happen out of the blue or did it follow a firmware update or "heavy landing"? Just curious - but I'm pretty sure this is not one you'll be able to fix yourself.

Just happened with no apparent cause. No hard landing etc. Last video shot before error message was fine at parts but would suddenly stop then restart a few seconds later like the camera was having trouble keeping up.

hi..

I have problem with my fc200 camera.. after a crash, I tried to put it all back together and trying to see if it is all OK.. but unfortuntely, I cannot connect to my camera anymore (on my iphone, CONNECTION TO PHANTOM 2 VISION FAILED). I Have tried rebinding it (which is a another problem) still not working after.. All I can see is a fast 3-5 red blinks and then no light at all when it is in WIFI ON..

With my binding problem.. here is what I'm doing and what happens after:

1. resetting my range extender
2. connect my iphone thru wifi (phantom_xxxxx)
3. go to dji vision app
4. go to settings
5. go to binding
6. scan my qr code from my box
7. reboot my range extender and do the power cycle for my phantom 2 vision
8. reconnect wifi (here is the problem) the SSID of phantom_xxxx doesn't show or if it does UNABLE TO CONNECT. I will end up resetting my range extender again and then i can connect now thru wifi but of course the binding must be done again and the problem repeats again and again.

please help me guys..

It seems the FC200 camera is the weak link in the Vision... I hope DJI can fix these cameras to be a little more robust with regard to wifi and connection cables and power utilization. They seem awfully fragile.

RCRookie said:
It seems the FC200 camera is the weak link in the Vision... I hope DJI can fix these cameras to be a little more robust with regard to wifi and connection cables and power utilization. They seem awfully fragile.

Mine's fallen 60ft into a grass field (second flight, the evil trees attacked so soon) with no damage to the camera whatsoever. Most issues with the camera come through hard crashes where the jack plug is pulled/ripped out of the camera at point of impact when powered up. This can either cause the shorting issue photographed above or can damage the actual cable. The latter can be replaced with the DJI spare cable pack.

Having said that I've read more "I can't believe this thing survived..." posts than I have "This crash killed my Vision/camera..." posts.

There's a definite issue if you remove cables (deliberately or in a hard landing) with the aircraft powered on - but that's not uncommon with lots of electronic items: it's usual to power down everything before plugging/unplugging things.

Thanks guys.. May be i'll be sending my camera to dji.. By the way have you seen the 2 axis brushless gimbal that rotorpixel did.. Will you recomend this? It seems the design is covering the antennas on the side of the camera..

If you guys didn't see it yet here is the link:

www.rotorpixel.com

frn808 said:
Thanks guys.. May be i'll be sending my camera to dji.. By the way have you seen the 2 axis brushless gimbal that rotorpixel did.. Will you recomend this? It seems the design is covering the antennas on the side of the camera..

If you guys didn't see it yet here is the link:

http://www.rotorpixel.com

If you look on my YouTube channel I've got it and reviewed it. Here's my first edited video from it with no post-processing at all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1vJNmyYcTE I also range tested it and found it didn't have any impact on wifi reception at all with my setup. There's a monster sized thread on this forum about it (well over 2000 posts) so good luck if you want to wade through it!

Would I recommend it? Based on my experience, yes. Would I recommend it compared to any of the other gimbals on the market for the Vision? I can't, because I haven't used them. However I bought the Rotorpixel because of its construction, it's mounting method, it's future-proofing and its price point - and I'm extremely pleased. They should all, if working correctly, stabilize your video nicely - it's down to those other factors I mentioned (and any others you have) which one you choose though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing