Fat shark stock antenna vs others?

just got a fatshark setup with standard antennas the other day and it's ok but as soon as you fly behind a few buildings you get video breakup, however i did get 650+ meters of clear video in a urban city area just by increasing height with distance.

Have a set of clove leaf ones on order so will let you know the difference when they arrive.

SMA has a pin in the center of the connector, like the cable you hook up to your TV. RPSMA is reverse polarity, and there is no pin in the center, only a hole. So, you need to know what type of connector you have on your TX/RX.
most have SMA..but some, like mine have SMA for the receiver, and the transmitter on the aircraft is RPSMA. They have adapters for either.

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:
I've got the fatshark teleporters
Did a Google search and came up with nothing. They look like SMA connectors(there will be a pin in the center of the antenna connector on the antenna, and a hole where the antenna pin plugs in.
If you remove the antenna that's on your TX/RX now-look inside each antenna....if there is a little pin, it's SMA. If it's a hole, it's RPSMA.

Not in my opinion. I have the red Spironet ones and they work just fine. But, I have one of the white ones, on my transmitter because it was RPSMA. So, I have 2 of the spironets on my receiver, and 1 of the off brand circular polarizing antenna's on my transmitter.
Here's the link to the set that has 1 SMA and 1 RPSMA;
http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=11507

I noticed maybe a 100 meter increase in distance when using the 2 Spironet antenna's on my dual diversity receiver.

There's also Patch Antenna's......those are directional and used on just the receiver. There are whole threads on the different kinds of antenna's.
But, to answer your question; the Spironet are pretty good..but both are SMA....so remove both antenna's you have now, and if they both have pins inside them, you're good to go.

If you have all fatshark gear you want SMA. Both the VTX and Goggles are SMA. I was pretty sure but still just took the Spironets off of my VTX and Predator V2 Goggles and they are both SMA. ReadyMadeRC is a good place to purchase FPV gear and here is the link to their web page for the 5.8 GHz SpiroNET Omni SMA Antenna Set (RHCP)which is for Fatshark Gear: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165_40&products_id=1058

Their link here is for the 5.8 GHz SpiroNET Omni RP-SMA Antenna Set (RHCP): http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165_40&products_id=1539 and it specifically states it is not for Fatshark gear.

I have the red 5.8 GHz SpiroNet SMA Antenna, like in the first link, on my Predator V2s and my VTX and I have been out to 800 Meters with signal the entire time. I may try for 1000 meters someday but for now 800 seems like enough when it is this cold outside.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl