Fall colors on a mountaintop.

Great video. Nice colors. I liked the shots from skimming the treetops and have wanted to try shots like that. Also liked the sunny spots thru the clouds from your video up high above the trees.

nice colours, but exposure is too high. Try manual setting to help with this :)

Rootman was you camping or just riding around.
I camped, hike and caved most of my life. I cut my teeth on that cave on top of the mountain above you. At this point I'm just a day tourist. My bed at home, only being 30 miles away just seems too good to put my bones on the hard ground. I did a lot of camping there with my scout group. Honestly, there is nothing I want more than to be able to hike all day in the forest. I feel so at home there.

Great video. Nice colors. I liked the shots from skimming the treetops and have wanted to try shots like that. Also liked the sunny spots thru the clouds from your video up high above the trees.
Thanks Mike. Things were so jumpy in editing it is hard for me to see things till I load it to You Tube. You do a good job at editing. I just started trying to learn.

I know what you mean. Me and the wife just got a RV this year didn't get to use it to much we had to make a trip to Utah so I used up a lot of my vacation time but it looks like a nice place might have to try it out next year.

Rootman do what app do you use Dji or litchi or something else and what AC do you have.I have been having problems with my video transmission and I have both apps.

Rootman do what app do you use Dji or litchi or something else and what AC do you have.I have been having problems with my video transmission and I have both apps.
I only use DJI. I have a p4. I was having problems and hearing about others, I had a lot of green screen on this video. I have been flying cautiously. I usually use my I pad. My wife was on it the other day, so tired my Samsung j3. It has been doing good. No green screen, but I haven’t flown over 2,500ft. I bought a new cord for my I pad. A 12inch cordfrom Amazon. I haven’t got it yet. One problem I think I did, was my app wasn’t on auto for channel selection. I put it back on auto. Maybe the app did it? That’s when I started using my phone.

I only use DJI. I have a p4. I was having problems and hearing about others, I had a lot of green screen on this video. I have been flying cautiously. I usually use my I pad. My wife was on it the other day, so tired my Samsung j3. It has been doing good. No green screen, but I haven’t flown over 2,500ft. I bought a new cord for my I pad. A 12inch cordfrom Amazon. I haven’t got it yet. One problem I think I did, was my app wasn’t on auto for channel selection. I put it back on auto. Maybe the app did it? That’s when I started using my phone.
Thats what I'm using now is my Iphone 5s and litchi. I have been losing video I have a Andiord tablet but is for work and it is pretty cheap. I put litchi on the phone I have DJI on both but I lose the video pretty quick on the tablet I have been trying to stay away from the DJI app because of all the problems.

I try to keep it simple and just use DJI. Also I was doing my best to stay in warranty. When I had my p3, the only app problem I had was a bad video lag after an update. I shut it down and signed back in. It was fine after that.

This time with my p4 this video issue came up. That has been it for app problems. All my updates have loaded fine. One just took 45 minuets.

My problem is my mind can’t compensate for problems like when I was younger. Must be the drugs I’m on. The video lag caused me to crash into a tree. Took me too long to figure out what was going on. With my p4 the video dropping out caused me to hit a tree with the propeller at 5 ft. Broke a prop, but hurt me. I never wanted to crash it.

I’m having fun and that’s what it is all about. Every time I do a video I learn 2 new things. Which is good, because when the next time comes around I forget half. That puts me 1 up. Lol
Beautiful park, free swimming, sledding and day use. Great hiking in some deep forest. I love this place.

Incredible colors, I wish we had that in California.

Your video looks like 720 resolution lightbridge video cached from the iPad. Why aren't you editing the SD video in 1080? It won't have the green screens, and the resolution can be 1080 or better. You can also grade the color to mitigate the washed out look, turn up the color saturation and add some contrast too. However you'll need a PC or Mac for that. Is that why you aren't editing the SD card capture?

I try to keep it simple and just use DJI. Also I was doing my best to stay in warranty. When I had my p3, the only app problem I had was a bad video lag after an update. I shut it down and signed back in. It was fine after that.

This time with my p4 this video issue came up. That has been it for app problems. All my updates have loaded fine. One just took 45 minuets.

My problem is my mind can’t compensate for problems like when I was younger. Must be the drugs I’m on. The video lag caused me to crash into a tree. Took me too long to figure out what was going on. With my p4 the video dropping out caused me to hit a tree with the propeller at 5 ft. Broke a prop, but hurt me. I never wanted to crash it.
Well I may be going back to the DJI app I just learned how to get 32 channels for the HD on DJI so I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks for the info.

Incredible colors, I wish we had that in California.

Your video looks like 720 resolution lightbridge video cached from the iPad. Why aren't you editing the SD video in 1080? It won't have the green screens, and the resolution can be 1080 or better. You can also grade the color to mitigate the washed out look, turn up the color saturation and add some contrast too. However you'll need a PC or Mac for that. Is that why you aren't editing the SD card capture?
I’m doing the sd card. I thought it looked low quality also. I had the first mishap with this flight. I was getting some green screen while flying down a path. I thought a forest floor shot with all the colors would be nice, The green screen came on and the ac was around a turn at about 5 ft. el. It nick a tree trunk with one prop. The prop broke and the video got corrupted in the fall. I fix the corrupted video but it didn’t act right in the editing. It took 4 tries to render it to you tube. I put so much time in it, I just gave up and let it be because of that corrupted video. I didn’t think I could fix it anyway. My wife also said leave it. She thought I was being too picky.

I thought the color was saturated enough, but I never touched the contrast. I am having a difficult time understanding the video editing process and program. I seem to do fine with stills, but even that has taken some time. I use to have fun posting on Panoramio. I need to get the computer video card upgraded. I had to retire this year because of medical reasons and can’t throw money into everything at once. I do what I can and I’m having a great time flying my p4. I dreamed of flying since I was a little kid. I do appreciate your comments and knowledge. Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164