FAA making examples of people droning badly??

Reaction score
then why do i still have to hear about how wonderful CaseyABOVE ANY LAW Neistat is, yah he's got lots of money, so like all of those with money$, he can do what he pleases, is he 107 certified? I'm not and i can't afford it so,... i can't even consider trying to make a little money to pay off the loan for my drone, cuz this PO0R working [Language Removed] of mine can't afford to be above any law.
back to my manual/menial job, maintaining homes, daydreaming of flying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hounddog
We have the same issue in the UK, the CAA talk a good game but seem very 'light touch' with actually pursuing anyone. You got the odd high-profile example in the news but it's not really a deterrent as far as I can see. I don't actually see how the CAA can do much at this stage, they have bigger fish to fry (like fake airliner parts and pilot sobriety).

I took my PfCO (expensive & time consuming) but it's more about a personal need to do things the right way, make sure I'm safe, insured, professional. I certainly don't consider it to be an astute financial investment!

then why do i still have to hear about how wonderful CaseyABOVE ANY LAW Neistat is, yah he's got lots of money, so like all of those with money$, he can do what he pleases, is he 107 certified? I'm not and i can't afford it so,... i can't even consider trying to make a little money to pay off the loan for my drone, cuz this PO0R working *** of mine can't afford to be above any law.
back to my manual/menial job, maintaining homes, daydreaming of flying.

Casey Neistat seems to have toned down a lot, technically if he's making money off his you tube videos, he should be licensed. I notice that in some of his recent vids he has an "assistant" with him, its possible that guy could be licensed. In either case the FAA is watching him and it's apparent in his videos.

Getting a 107 isn't that expensive, there's tons of FREE study material on line, you just have to make the effort to research and lean the material. The test is $150.00 from what I understand.

Think you hit Frank's rant on the head . Casey is Casey and all the post are not going to change that but you have to take the bull by the horn's if you
plan on doing anything with your drone or life for that matter .
you just have to make the effort to research and lean the material.
says it all and applies to everything we do .
Casey right or wrong has done that and look where it got him .
Quit ..daydreaming ...and apply yourself and you be like this...
CavernousGregariousEider-max-1mb.gif
;)

Reactions: FLYBOYJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94