FAA Lag Times for Waivers and Certs

Reaction score
Hello!

I have two questions about the current timing of the FAA's work:

1) I passed my part 107 exam on December 20 and filled out all the required IACRA forms. I got my temp certificate but still haven't gotten the official license. Anyone else in the same boat?

2) How long of a wait is everyone currently experiencing for airspace waiver reviews? They have up 90 days to approve or deny and it certainly seems like they're not in any hurry.

Thanks!

Re: your first question. I took the FAA remote pilot exam Dec 8 and received my laminated permanent certificate 2 days ago! so 2 months.

My curent waiver request has been for almost 2 weeks and they haven't even seethe acknowledging email yet!

So what happens if you are taking pictures of a house for a real estate agent and then want pictures the same week but they are 4 miles away from a class D airspace?

So what happens if you are taking pictures of a house for a real estate agent and then want pictures the same week but they are 4 miles away from a class D airspace?

Right now? Basically, you're screwed. :( The FAA intends to eventually make the airspace authorization part at least go much faster, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening anytime soon with the regulation restrictions facing them now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart