[youtube]http://youtu.be/FL_e-VFXSnU[/youtube]

It should play now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL_e-VFXSnU[/youtube]

FangsCPO said:
whitelens said:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/FL_e-VFXSnU[/youtube]

It should play now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL_e-VFXSnU[/youtube]

I would have to say by looking at the video you didn't calibrate before taking off and you didn't wait for the Home Lock to mark it's starting point before taking off....not saying that you didn't. It's just based on watching the video. I've noticed that mine does a Home Lock and then blinks green and one red and then it does another Home Lock. That's when I get a GREEN and that's my cue it's a go and safe to take off. It's good that you got it back.

Tagg is a dog tracking collar that is fairly small. Take it off the collar and double stick it on the platform. Costs $100 - first three months are free - after that there is a small monthly charge. Get them at a PetSmart/PetCo/etc.

The 450 does look like it didn't have location information stored. Doesn't explain the uncontrollable part at the first, though.

Darn nice of the person who found it to do the right thing.

ladykate said:
Tagg is a dog tracking collar that is fairly small. Take it off the collar and double stick it on the platform. Costs $100 - first three months are free - after that there is a small monthly charge. Get them at a PetSmart/PetCo/etc.

The 450 does look like it didn't have location information stored. Doesn't explain the uncontrollable part at the first, though.

Darn nice of the person who found it to do the right thing.

By the way, that was a pretty cool video considering the situation.

I like the collar idea..........does it work under water? LOL!!! I hope you gave the person a reward. I would have at least given them $100. I gave the diver that found my F550 a $100. It was the least I could do. He saved me quite a bit of money. Besides, I may end up back at that pond again....you just never know. LOL!!!

thanks for the replys . .yes, I gave a $200 reward. The person was very happy to get the money . .. And it is ALOT cheaper than buying a new drone. BTW . . . I LOVE the 3-Axis gimbal . . holy cow it looks good.

whitelens said:
thanks for the replys . .yes, I gave a $200 reward. The person was very happy to get the money . .. And it is ALOT cheaper than buying a new drone. BTW . . . I LOVE the 3-Axis gimbal . . holy cow it looks good.

****!! Now I feel like a cheapskate. LOL!!

fangs, do you have your CM2000 plugged into your Naza or the transmitter controller? Dumb question I know, but I want to make sure I have it correct.
Thanks

whitelens said:
fangs, do you have your CM2000 plugged into your Naza or the transmitter controller? Dumb question I know, but I want to make sure I have it correct.
Thanks

I'm using a H3-D2 on my F550 connected to my NAZA V2. I have a CM2000 on my Phantom but it's not set for FVP. It's just to record my flight.

whitelens said:
Thanks

I have my CM2000 (on my 550) connected to the receiver, but you can also connect it to the NAZA if you want to run the control channel through that. Which receiver are you using and how many channels does it have?

whitelens said:
Thanks

your best bet is to plug into your Rx,. not the NAZA (no need to involve the NAZA)

FangsCPO said:
I like the collar idea..........does it work under water? LOL!!! I hope you gave the person a reward. I would have at least given them $100. I gave the diver that found my F550 a $100. It was the least I could do. He saved me quite a bit of money. Besides, I may end up back at that pond again....you just never know. LOL!!!

the Tagg fits perfectly into the top of my F450, I use a little velcro strap to keep it from coming loose.
then I use it's included strap to connect to my Phantom when I fly that.

Attachments

• MyF450.jpg
    MyF450.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 475
Depending on how funky you feel, you can pop the plastic off and then solder the battery wires on the circuit board. You will then get a much smaller form factor - but your way always seemed smarter for me - it is water proof and ruggedized. If the airframe crashes, it will likely survive.

Gizmo3000 said:
whitelens said:
Thanks

your best bet is to plug into your Rx,. not the NAZA (no need to involve the NAZA)
i have a deVention DEVO 7 . . . I do have a 3 axis (CM3000) gimbal. As of now I can only get the tilt to work. Thank you . .I had plugged it (CM3000) up to the Naza, but wasnt getting any response. This is such a new level for me . . . I just want to make sure I'm doing it right . . . no more flyaways!

FangsCPO said:
whitelens said:
Thanks

I'm using a H3-D2 on my F550 connected to my NAZA V2. I have a CM2000 on my Phantom but it's not set for FVP. It's just to record my flight.

Now that I recall it is plugged into my NAZA on my Phantom. I control the tilt via the DJI Radio. I also recall that I set the tilt ranges using the firmware/software assistant for the CM2000 gimbal. I think I have one of the originals because the assistant software almost looks like a DOS interface program. LOL!! I had to dig out an old laptop from 2004 that I had in the garage so I could work the software. Aside from that, that gimbal is pretty decent.

Gizmo3000 said:
FangsCPO said:

the Tagg fits perfectly into the top of my F450, I use a little velcro strap to keep it from coming loose.
then I use it's included strap to connect to my Phantom when I fly that.

Which is the Tagg...I can't seem to figure it out? How exactly does that work?

question . . . I had a crash (yep) got the drone back (yep), but her back together (yep) finally able to fly her (yep) . . . thing is, it has a NASTY wobble making the drone shake really bad. Not a constant shake (in aviation flying we would call that "chop") but really more of a wobble, I am running 8" pops, one prop was replaced, and all the other ones look clean and good.
Any idea of what would be causing this?
Jerry

whitelens said:
question . . . I had a crash (yep) got the drone back (yep), but her back together (yep) finally able to fly her (yep) . . . thing is, it has a NASTY wobble making the drone shake really bad. Not a constant shake (in aviation flying we would call that "chop") but really more of a wobble, I am running 8" pops, one prop was replaced, and all the other ones look clean and good.
Jerry

Check to be sure an arm wasn't cracked in the crash (flex them a bit on the ground). Check to be sure the IMU (NAZA) is correctly secured and oriented - it may be loose/vibrating. Check ALL the motors for wobble/bent shafts (take off the props and run it up on the bench). Double check the balance on the props (although I doubt that one will be it).

ladykate said:
whitelens said:
Jerry

Check to be sure an arm wasn't cracked in the crash (flex them a bit on the ground). Check to be sure the IMU (NAZA) is correctly secured and oriented - it may be loose/vibrating. Check ALL the motors for wobble/bent shafts (take off the props and run it up on the bench). Double check the balance on the props (although I doubt that one will be it).
Thanks Lady kate,
I decided to just send it over to UAV DIrect, they are just around the corner from me . . . I after making sure everything was tight and seemed good to go, I tried running it up again today, and it had the same issue. It is now above my paygrade so I figured might as well have them put it on their workbench and get it done right. I am also getting rid of the DEVO 7 controller that came with it and went for a Futaba 10 (I really hated the Devo 7 . .and I couldnt completely control by 3 axis gyro).
So hopefully this time next week (and not too much money) I will have a working drone again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart