Extract data from DJI Vision App (Android) after flyaway

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just been the victim of a flyaway on my P2V+. I was flying happily when it just stopped responding and lost connections to the controllers. Unfortunately it flew out of sight pretty quickly. The 'Find my phantom' feature in the DJI Vision app gives me a location which is in a small body of water. It was flying at an altitude of a bout 100ft when it lost control, so its unlikely it landed in the water if it just kept flying.

I would like to know if anyone has extracted the GPS data from the 'Find my phantom' feature. If I can get the altitude it was at when it last recorded its position, I can work out roughly how far it may have gone after losing connection. I am using the Android version of the app and have already been looking for data files on the phone. All I can find is some logs, but they have useless data in.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Thank you for the responses so far. It is really disappointing. Based on the direction it went off in, I don't have high hopes for retrieving it. I'm unsure about whether to replace it if the same thing is likely to happen again.

Its frustrating that the app will remember the last known position but you cant get the data. That little snippet of data will not only be really helpful but save me a lot of time if i know I don't have to look for it.

if you get it back, you could consider to test our app that records all real time data (eg. GPS, altitude , battery level, IMU detail) to your android device. those info may be useful for you to find your drone.

Mori55 said:
No , they were supposed to implement a data logger , but it hasn't happened yet.

That wouldn't help in a flyaway situation, because the data is written on the SD card. You should find Phantom before you can access the data.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl