Excited about flight this week

Reaction score
We are headed out to Colorado for a wedding and I'm bringing the P4. I plan on making the hour drive up the highest paved road in North America, Mount Evans. It's just over 14,000 feet at the top. I'm going to launch the drone off and get some great shots. The air is thin up there so I'm curious to see how the phantom does.

Anyone flown at this height above sea level? I'll post pics and video after. Let's hope it's not my final flight!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew at around 11k I think it was, in the Uintas. Here's Mount Baldy in the background, this is along the Mirror Lake Highway over Memorial Day weekend, opening day.

I didn't notice any issues.

That's great to hear. I was worried at that height the air would be so thin the drone would have to work twice as hard. Didn't want any crashes.

Dji states that P4 max service ceiling is 19,685 feet. Your props will turn faster but the load on the motors will be the same as it is easier to spin the props in thin air. Your lifting the same weight thus it takes the same amount of energy, gravity is constant. Your flight time will decrease slightly as you will have more prop slip. Sounds like a good time. Have fun!

This past weekend I had the pleasure of flying off Mount Evans. It's the tallest paved road in North America. The top is just over 14,000 feet.

I have to say it was absolutely amazing. The views were breathtaking and it was so cool to launch the drone off the top. I made a video to show some of the shots.

I thought the max take off altitude feet was pretty cool to have on there.
ad878634dc796ee23666f613efa39fb1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ftttu
I didn't notice any difference. It flew like a champ. It was really amazing.

Nice video and nice opportunity to fly up there. I can't wait to take my P4 to Colorado for similar videos.

I've been up Mt Evans twice a few years ago when I was a MINI hobbyist. Ultra fun taking MINIs up there...until a mountain goat or bighorn sheep wants to jump on your car.

My dad lives in Woodland Park so a visit to see him this year will take me up there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl