Everyone remember their first Phantom video?

Reaction score
I had no ND filters, flew directly at the sun at times, my clips were too long, added clips that shouldn't have been added, very rusty editing overall and sloppy transitions, shot at 1080p because that's all my old PC could handle. With all that said. It's still my favorite video.

What's wrong with 1080p? Can't go higher unless you have a device that plays 4k...cool vid, too!

Get an ND4 or the most ND6 filter, shoot at 1080P/60 frames and set the shatter speed double that the frame rate. Also set the camera to show the sky only about 1/4 to 1/3 of the frame.

Good advice!

shot on a p2, no gimball with a sony actioncam (the one in my profile pic)

and my newest one, im still learning bit im pretty sure i have improved a lot

Reactions: 304HighDrone
I knew you were going to catch it in the air...;)

Reactions: fly-catchers
What's wrong with 1080p? Can't go higher unless you have a device that plays 4k...cool vid, too!

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I have a 4k monitor and I like to shoot in 4k just to give the user the option to view it in 4k or 1080.

Reactions: Squirrel!
The problem with 4K is...most still don't have it. And the equipment they use, can't convert it. I don't use mine in 2.7K for those very reasons. Tops my equipment/gear can handle is 1080p.

But again...What the hell do I know...I'm just shooting from the hip. Probably most people have better computers and TVs than I have...:(:confused:;)

My computer & TV only handles HD 1080p. And most of the time on the TV it is SD. Still looks good to me.. :)
Yes, 1080p looks fantastic! But you aren't viewing 4k material, either. ;)

No bikini-clad women?! ;)

I had no ND filters, flew directly at the sun at times, my clips were too long, added clips that shouldn't have been added, very rusty editing overall and sloppy transitions, shot at 1080p because that's all my old PC could handle. With all that said. It's still my favorite video.

Sadly I haven't saved mine. But there wasn't much to see except for the papers flying everywhere off my desk and the blood spatters from one of my fingers. A painful lesson learned. :eek:

Reactions: 304HighDrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18