Erratic Flying P4Adv.

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Can anyone analyzed this log and tell me if is anything wrong with it.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
I was flying my P4Adv and found the AC very erratic during the flight like very slow descent and then rapid descend followed, slow move forward (like stop and go), also the AC was slower while using the camera on video mode, no response while moving the down stick down and also kept going up after letting go the same stick while ascending. Mention to say I was not using the DJI propellers in that flight, but it is not the first time using those, I used it other times without any problem whatsoever. The battery starts at 85% but it was due to finding the AC erratic and decided to land, turn off everything, take out the battery, reset the app and then start again.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

I was flying my P4Adv and found the AC very erratic during the flight like very slow descent and then rapid descend followed, slow move forward (like stop and go), also the AC was slower while using the camera on video mode, no response while moving the down stick down and also kept going up after letting go the same stick while ascending.
A quick look at your flight log shows a lot of times when the VPS altitude is showing small numbers even though the Phantom is quite high.
That makes me wonder if you have a gimbal guard mounted below and interfering with the downward facing VPS sensors?
This could cause the problems you mentioned.
Either disabling the downward facing VPS sensors or remove the gimbal guard and everything should act normally.

A quick look at your flight log shows a lot of times when the VPS altitude is showing small numbers even though the Phantom is quite high.
That makes me wonder if you have a gimbal guard mounted below and interfering with the downward facing VPS sensors?
This could cause the problems you mentioned.
Either disabling the downward facing VPS sensors or remove the gimbal guard and everything should act normally.

Yes, I forgot to mention that, I was using a gimbal guard with it, I did another flight with no guard with no problems. Since you said so, a gimbal guard could be use with the AC without problems or not?

Yes, I forgot to mention that, I was using a gimbal guard with it, I did another flight with no guard with no problems. Since you said so, a gimbal guard could be use with the AC without problems or not?
If the gimbal guard is partially blocking the downward view of the VPS sensors AND VPS is enabled, it can cause problems.
There have been suggestions that it may even cause serious shutdowns in flight under certain circumstances.

If you want to use a gimbal guard and VPS, the gimbal guard must be designed and fitted so it does not block the view of the VPS sensors under the Phantom.

Reactions: Nestmac
If the gimbal guard is partially blocking the downward view of the VPS sensors AND VPS is enabled, it can cause problems.
There have been suggestions that it may even cause serious shutdowns in flight under certain circumstances.

If you want to use a gimbal guard and VPS, the gimbal guard must be designed and fitted so it does not block the view of the VPS sensors under the Phantom.

Thanks so much for your help, I'll keep that in mind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl