err26 one blink green followed by 4 blinks green

You know... this error code indication is an unfortunate choice. All green should be reserved for "all systems go".... despite the different pattern.

I've flew a couple of times in this condition before figuring out it's not safe!

Yes, a lot of guys haven't figuered it out yet. It' a bad system for showing an error. I tried flying it the one time, and got a lapful of spinning props. I guess I was lucky though, a lot of guys have lost theirs. DJI has got more problems than this though.Seems as though they'd get with all the fixes they need,and not lke the removing naza and slamming it on a table. What a fix ? That's crazy.

Glad you got it working again.

Mine has freaked out just once and that was after a long ride on rough dirt road. The storage bin I had it in didn't have any padding under the legs so it's possible it got jarred quite a bit riding around in the back of the jeep. Once I got it back home I only had to do the Advanced Calibration and it was happy again. Hasn't given me any trouble since then.

Thanks for the correction Capodrone.

Hi pwright, Thanks for the comments. Both darkhorse and my phantoms never even had a hard landing when this started so I guess it just starts on it's own. Keeps you on your toes though watching that led. Happy flying ! Windy here today, Just bought 7 new batteries when my problem started,took all day yesterday to get it working, and now it's too windy. Won't wear it out this way.

i believe u can do 2 things for 1 blink green followed by 4 green blinks, recalibrate ur phantom..switching your gps to atti 10x,,or put your phantom in flat surface as possible.. if u can see when u tilt your phantom while its on?? it will blink 4 green....base on my experience..and i never been crash nor broken propellers,nor bearings...i just hold my patience before i fly..

It's a perfect day for flying but my "Air Boss" has grounded me. After 14-15 successful flights I've received the one green light followed by 4 green lights error. :shock: LIke many of you, I've never crashed or had a hard landing. I guess it just happens. I know I had it on a level surfaced and it wasn't moved when I connected the battery. Oh well what can you do??? I will now for the first time hook up my Phantom to my computer and hopefully everything will work out after a basic calibration and advanced calibration. I'm hoping it all works out and I can fly tomorrow. I'll report back and let you all know how it turns out.

FangsCPO will fly again!!!!!

Welcome to the green blinks club, hope it calibrates for you ok. 23-30mph winds here today,so no outdoor flying. Starting to rain now. Good luck calibrating it,be looking to see how you made out. This error has no reason to be happening, but it does. Don't try to fly when it happens until you get it back to 1 green blink.Trust me. Good Luck !

What's this about slapping it on the side and banging it(NAV or GPS) to get it to work. Is that a joke or is this for real?? :?: :?:

The banging it on a table fix is for err. 25. nothing to do with your error26. From what I can tell, it's caused by a hard crash,and a sensor gets stuck. I don't think it is a factory advised fix, but some of the guys on this forum have used it to unstick the sensor. You'd have to read how to do it in some of the posts,they have a certain height, side,etc. you have to follow. Unfortunately, due to djis' unwillingness to help people, they have been trying their own fixes to keep flying. It's a crazy fix I know but dji won't respond to questions about fixing the problem.

When my original Phantom was having problems, this was one of them... right out of the box when it was new. So my dealer checked with DJI and they told him to instruct me to try this. What a dubious process, huh? Probably one of the reasons they give us cryptic useless responses by email and prefer that we go through the dealers. It makes it easier to deny that they are suggesting this absurd action as a solution. Anyway, I went ahead and did it, and it cleared the error. However, it didn't repair whatever was lurking deep inside that Phantom, and after a few instances of random escapes, I gave up and sent it back to the dealer, who just parted it out.

FangsCPO said:
It's a perfect day for flying but my "Air Boss" has grounded me. After 14-15 successful flights I've received the one green light followed by 4 green lights error. :shock: LIke many of you, I've never crashed or had a hard landing. I guess it just happens. I know I had it on a level surfaced and it wasn't moved when I connected the battery. Oh well what can you do??? I will now for the first time hook up my Phantom to my computer and hopefully everything will work out after a basic calibration and advanced calibration. I'm hoping it all works out and I can fly tomorrow. I'll report back and let you all know how it turns out.

FangsCPO will fly again!!!!!

I'm sure you'll be fine. connecting the Phantom up to the PC will also let you turn on IOC.

since you haven't experienced any crashes or hard landings, your gyro's might be off by only a slight amount
.and is probably still fly-able.

Benitoculito said:
Hello all, I had the 4 quick green flashes and couldn't work it out so emailed DJI, they sent me this link,

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=AVUsfMIj ... VUsfMIjcY8

Please see what you think

LOL!!!! Well, I connected my Phantom to my computer, installed the driver and software. Did the calibration and is good. The "Air Boss" has given me the green light. It's a go. Seemed easy enough to do. I even installed the software on my laptop so if it happens while I'm out, I can easily do fixing.

I'm wondering about doing an imu recalibration once a week or more. Everytime I check mine, the numbers for the gyros have risen away from " 0 " I'm wondering if these numbers compound until the gyros are way out of whack and we get the err26. I think I'll keep track for a while. Even a basic before or after each day of flying might help.

Gary39 said:
I guess I'm thick but did anybody understand that link that dji sent for a fix to an err26 problem ?

took me a while to figure it out, until i realized that it was a link for the mobile / cell phone version of you tube. simply click on the "desktop" link at the top and it'll play.

Thanks, I got that ok but this video doesn't even make sense, how is this a fix,and if anyone understands how the commentary even matches what the leds are showing ? What the hell is wrong with dji ? I hope newbies don't look at this and try to figure out anything.Advice, if you've got a lot of blinking going on, don't fly. You are looking for 1 green blink about every one to two seconds,that's all. Anything else, don't fly until you figure it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl