EPSON BT 300 MOVERIO - IS THIS THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES ?

Ok so I have now been able resolve all my issues I had with the Epson BT300 and to be fair part of the issue was with DJI and not Epson as I initially had assumed.

So just to summarise;

1. The initial problem I had with vision, that is being able to view the drone on a bright sunny day was resolved when I purchase a pair of sun shades from Rochester Optical. I have a P4 which is white - so contrast was originally poor. The Rochester shades are darker than the OEM that were shipped to me. Subsequently I understand that the Drone version of the BT300 will come with the Rochester shades. I also found that the recent DJI app update provided better clarity in terms of contrast than the original DJI app on the Moverio app website. These two improvement now give good vision.

2. The original DJI app which was available for download from the Moverio website when the BT 300 was first released suffered from video lag - which was just awful. The newly issued app now climates this issue.

3. Some P4 owners had experienced poor picture stream (pixilation) since DJI issue firmware update V1.8 for the RC - I think this was back in Oct or Dec time last year. Rolling back to V1.6 has removed the problem and I am now finding the picture stream is good. I will wait for the next firmware update to resolve the bug somewhere in V1.8. Not all users are experiencing issues with V1.8 firmware, indeed if I use my iPad to view the video stream it works perfectly well with RC firmware V1.8. Reading various blogs on the internet is does seem the issue with V1.8 firmware has affected generally non IOS control units (android etc.) and also strangely those using less powerful iPads have experienced issues. Anyway, rolling back resolved the problem.

Having now carried out a test flight everything appears to be good (it’s taken a few weeks of head scratching to get there). Having ironed out the initial issues above my view is that this is a very good product and I am now very impressed with what I have.

Reactions: lone droner
Ok so I have now been able resolve all my issues I had with the Epson BT300 and to be fair part of the issue was with DJI and not Epson as I initially had assumed.

So just to summarise;

1. The initial problem I had with vision, that is being able to view the drone on a bright sunny day was resolved when I purchase a pair of sun shades from Rochester Optical. I have a P4 which is white - so contrast was originally poor. The Rochester shades are darker than the OEM that were shipped to me. Subsequently I understand that the Drone version of the BT300 will come with the Rochester shades. I also found that the recent DJI app update provided better clarity in terms of contrast than the original DJI app on the Moverio app website. These two improvement now give good vision.

2. The original DJI app which was available for download from the Moverio website when the BT 300 was first released suffered from video lag - which was just awful. The newly issued app now climates this issue.

3. Some P4 owners had experienced poor picture stream (pixilation) since DJI issue firmware update V1.8 for the RC - I think this was back in Oct or Dec time last year. Rolling back to V1.6 has removed the problem and I am now finding the picture stream is good. I will wait for the next firmware update to resolve the bug somewhere in V1.8. Not all users are experiencing issues with V1.8 firmware, indeed if I use my iPad to view the video stream it works perfectly well with RC firmware V1.8. Reading various blogs on the internet is does seem the issue with V1.8 firmware has affected generally non IOS control units (android etc.) and also strangely those using less powerful iPads have experienced issues. Anyway, rolling back resolved the problem.

Having now carried out a test flight everything appears to be good (it’s taken a few weeks of head scratching to get there). Having ironed out the initial issues above my view is that this is a very good product and I am now very impressed with what I have.
@Neil Warren glad to see that you resolved everything. I flew my Inspire 2 yesterday with the Moverios and had no problems, other than the "shitty" weather".

Reactions: SDPilot12
I live in the UK dare I say anymore....................

Slightly off topic on drones but in line with bad weather you might enjoy this:

I live in the UK dare I say anymore....................

Slightly off topic on drones but in line with bad weather you might enjoy this:

Ah yes...a buddy of mine has an Ural, which he ATTEMPTS occasionally to ride in the snow

I just received the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses today and successfully side-loaded the DJI Go 4.0 App. along with another app to keep orientation correct. They are a HIGH quality set of glasses and just bench testing them it looks like the latency issues are gone. I will be flying with them tomorrow.[ how are yours working now. Do you like ?,,,,,, I like mine having trouble getting the third-party apps. How about you

So just to summarise;

[emoji2]
820c997e8e53a034d5d529e00736da00.jpg
just got this today somebody thought it was Rochester New York

So, I have one of the first issue Maverio BT300's with the Rochester lenses and the Mavic clips included as a promo. I have been busy on another project and just took them out of the box last night. I am near sighted and I can't deal with the fuzziness of the screen and I can't wear corrective lenses during flights. if anyone is interested in my pair, please PM me. All the accessories as still in their original packaging. I just took out the glasses and Android unit for testing.

Time has gone by. With the most recent release, my BT-300 and the Epson version of the DJI Go 4 App worked great. The glasses are light and the image is bright and clear on a sunny day. I can look over/under the dark glasses to see (VLOS) the drone directly. Even the Intelligent Flight Modes could be entered and exited reliably. The only issue that needs to be resolved is Moverio glasses are not a Google Certified Device and as such cannot have a satellite map view display. Another issue that I am now researching is how to download images/video taken with the Moverio camera. That might only be a poor documentation issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart