Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Edited in Lightroom

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Squiddley, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Squiddley

Phantom.jpg.jpg IMG_0019.JPG

After and before edited using Adobe Lightroom

Clampit likes this.
  2. GadgetGuy

Try adding a gradient filter to open up the exposure on the lower half and see if you like it better. Then add another one from the right side, and see what that does to open it up a little more there. Was this a DNG or a JPG?

#2 GadgetGuy, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  3. Squiddley

Jpg just started playing around with Lightroom tonight and this is what I came up with, still got lots to figure out in it yet, will give the gradient filter a try, thanks for the input

4. GadgetGuy

If you are using LR, I highly recommend shooting in J+R mode, which shoots both a JPG for immediate use, and a DNG raw file to use in LR. The DNG file has far more information and dynamic range than the JPG---Optimize the DNG in LR and then export out as a JPG for the best quality. You can recover almost anything out of the DNG, no matter how bad the lighting! The JPG is already precooked in the camera with the unused the ingredients thrown away, while the DNG has all the ingredients the camera started with, and lets you pick which ingredients you want to cook with!

5. Squiddley

ya Im going to do that now, I just got light room the other night and just grabbed a photo that I had taken before, going to dry shooting in those modes now that I have lightroom for sure, thanks for the comments thou

6. GadgetGuy

You can also do quite a lot of tweaking in LR to 100% size 4MB stills jpg's extracted out of the 4K video on the P3P! Have fun!:cool:

7. TonG

IMG_0019.JPG

I tweaked your photo. Mainly LR and the sky with PS plus a mask.

8. Squiddley

Hey looks good i knew it was a little to dark in the bottom corners realised that after i posted it and it was getting late still got pots to learn in lightroom yet but was pretty amazed with what you can accomplish with it

9. GadgetGuy

Somebody turned the lights on! They don't call it LightRoom for nothing! :cool:

10. Clampit

Nice one squid, so your playing about with Lightroom, looking good buddy;)

I'm trying out photomatix at the mo, still on trial at the mo but if I like it I'll buy it;)