Drones used in farming and conservation

Reaction score
Just finished working on a piece focusing on how drones can be used in conservation and agriculture (among other things).

We've covered some really interesting stuff, like how they can:

-Fight Criminals
-Save Avocado Trees
-Help Farmers Survey their Land

If you're interested, take a look here: Environmental Impact of Drones

I'd love to know what you all think, or if you've seen them used similarly.

Great stuff I'm pretty new to drones but this is the direction I want to go with it. I live in western colorado and once I get a little better I'm going to start approaching some neighbors about helping to find lost cattle, checking irrigation, land surveys and so on.

Great stuff I'm pretty new to drones but this is the direction I want to go with it. I live in western colorado and once I get a little better I'm going to start approaching some neighbors about helping to find lost cattle, checking irrigation, land surveys and so on.
The main reason I have purchased my P4 is for agriculture, finding stock in scrubby paddocks, checking water points and monitoring feral animals on our own property. I can see it saving a lot of time, fuel and frustration and as the manufacturers improve range and flying time they will become ever more popular. I almost went for the Mavic but being conservative preferred the more proven P4 also because there are several P3s & P4s nearby in case of battery or spare parts problems.

Just be very careful about saying anything about "Surveying". Even if you mean the term loosely you are crossing some legal boundaries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan