Drone versus racing truck

Reaction score
I debated putting this in Videos, but that all seems to be the beautiful scenic ones people themselves take, this is someone else's very short video off youtube, of what appears to be a phantom being collected by a racing truck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlhbmvTNqf4

Big Truck 1
Idiot 0
Wish the camera man would have shown the parts of quad all over the place.

Would have been better if the quad came back and hit him in the head :lol:

Happyflyer said:
Big Truck 1
Idiot 0

That's because it never hit it. The "operator" (or idiot in this case) managed to keep it to the side of the road because as the truck passes him to can see the quad continue to gain altitude in one piece. I think either we were duped because this is a fast moving piece of video and the drone is out of shot as soon as the truck enters the area, or someone saw it and thought the drone was obliterated. You would have seen it "come from together."

Wow I was at the pike peak international hill climb and that's the first time I saw this video, good share.

sdtrojan said:
That's because it never hit it. The "operator" (or idiot in this case) managed to keep it to the side of the road because as the truck passes him to can see the quad continue to gain altitude in one piece. I think either we were duped because this is a fast moving piece of video and the drone is out of shot as soon as the truck enters the area........
Very good possibility. After 10-15 views, one can see the quad in the air away from the truck in one piece. 1/8th of a second view, but can be seen.
Guys still an idiot.

That's a badass truck!! :cool:

I guess idiot is glad he did not loose control of truck. He would not of had time to move before he was a hood ornament.

sdtrojan said:
Happyflyer said:
Big Truck 1
Idiot 0

That's because it never hit it. The "operator" (or idiot in this case) managed to keep it to the side of the road because as the truck passes him to can see the quad continue to gain altitude in one piece. I think either we were duped because this is a fast moving piece of video and the drone is out of shot as soon as the truck enters the area, or someone saw it and thought the drone was obliterated. You would have seen it "come from together."

I was thinking the same thing, since it didn't seem to collide and surely the video would have shown the remains!

jshull0 said:
Wow I was at the pike peak international hill climb and that's the first time I saw this video, good share.

Welcome to the Forum! We are glad to have you!

jshull0 said:

This is a month late: But, Welcome to the Forum! If I have already welcomed you, welcome again!

It's alive, but he's lucky it is, and lucky he didn't cause a crash or some other problem. Such a knob...

PhantomFanatic said:
jshull0 said:

This is a month late: But, Welcome to the Forum! If I have already welcomed you, welcome again!

Thanks Phantom, finding this site to be great resource.

I had to see what was up with this truck. Came across this.

A little something for the gear heads and, well, it just doesn't get any better than the Outlaws. :cool:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ouzOKAsMIZ8

Uh, no, that totally hits! Listen to the sound. You can hear it get hit. It clips the side of the cab and you can see it spinning off. Note the sudden direction change that happens at the same moment you hear it hit. Also you can see it's going the wrong direction for the pitch it's at.

KMW said:
Uh, no, that totally hits! Listen to the sound. You can hear it get hit.

I thought so too.

sdtrojan said:
Happyflyer said:
Big Truck 1
Idiot 0

Well, I am back to what some others here also are thinking. He did hit the truck, but on the side. That just bounced it off in the odd direction it is going and still in one piece.

Happyflyer said:
sdtrojan said:
Happyflyer said:
Big Truck 1
Idiot 0

Well, I am back to what some others here also are thinking. He did hit the truck, but on the side. That just bounced it off in the odd direction it is going and still in one piece.

Have you accounted for the second shooter in the grassy knoll?

sdtrojan said:
Have you accounted for the second shooter in the grassy knoll?
It was a CIA guy in the sewer drain......
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl