Drone Surveillance Van - I built my dream van for "Drone Van Life"....

Reaction score
Hello All,
Back when I was inventing drone racing I built a trailer that competitors could fly from with tv screens as monitors (video below)
After that experience I had asked GOD to help me one day have a mobile drone survalance van that I could fly from, away from the elements in a safe secure environment. Like the military..
Well that time has come...

I made this van with over 900watts of solar with Tesla battery, full kitchen, sleeping quarters and a golf driving range on top..

Well done. That's def On Point for sure :)

Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: Harleydude
Who's that guy you asked for help, again? I need a good cheap mechanic.
Cool Chicken.gif

wow, I'd like one :)

Cool - VERY Cool. This may be a first but I bet it won't be last drone van built.

Only thing is I would be very wary of launching from the roof of the van - high probability of magnetic error in the compasses. I posted a little while back about how I nearly scored an own goal that could have cost me my P4 due to the tiny magnets built in to a pair of gloves...

All the best, Martin

Cool - VERY Cool. This may be a first but I bet it won't be last drone van built.

Only thing is I would be very wary of launching from the roof of the van - high probability of magnetic error in the compasses. I posted a little while back about how I nearly scored an own goal that could have cost me my P4 due to the tiny magnets built in to a pair of gloves...

All the best, Martin
Very true i tried taking off from my car roof with my evo.. probably would have but said magnetic interference... didn't push it... now landing thats a different story ?

Last edited:
Very true i tried taking off from my car roof with my evo.. prop would have but said magnetic interference... didn't push it... now landing thats a different story ?

Please don't tell me that the wheels were turning - just to make it more 'interesting' ?
All the best, Martin

Haha had to get that extra lift under the wings!! Put it in boat mode! Just kidding i love my evo too much. Cant afford another! Until the 2! It already rolled off the trunk once.. long story.. its a very tough bird! And your the one giving me mire ideas lol.

Love it ! What type of coax cable did you use to extend the antenna/antennae ?
What's the coax length now ?
Did you notice any difference in range due to RF losses in the coax ?

Hi Martin, the whole reason for the "slide out" landing pad solves that problem.. I wanted to just put the drone on the green part but I was getting errors so I needed to figure out something that solved that problem and I ended up with a slide out landing pad..

All the best, Martin

Love it ! What type of coax cable did you use to extend the antenna/antennae ?
What's the coax length now ?
Did you notice any difference in range due to RF losses in the coax ?
Ill be posting a "van build" video that will go over all that stuff..

If I have to explain it, it loses it's meaning. Some will get it, others will go on believing.
Starting to get over the line now so
This will get back ON Topic .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart