Drone recommendations

Reaction score
I recently and reluctantly bought my son a Phantom 3 Advanced, I initially thought drones were over priced and also overrated.. how wrong was I!!! I’ve flown it quite a few times now and have to admit I’ve been well and truly hit with drone-fever. I’m addicted to his P3A and all the drone websites, Facebook pages etc. Anyway I’ve decided to treat myself to my own bird but unsure what to buy.. Mavrick, Phantom or other??? Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I recently and reluctantly bought my son a Phantom 3 Advanced, I initially thought drones were over priced and also overrated.. how wrong was I!!! I’ve flown it quite a few times now and have to admit I’ve been well and truly hit with drone-fever. I’m addicted to his P3A and all the drone websites, Facebook pages etc. Anyway I’ve decided to treat myself to my own bird but unsure what to buy.. Mavrick, Phantom or other??? Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
If you get another P3; standard, advanced, or pro, you can share batteries, chargers and lens filters. Could save you some money.

You'll probably get various answers as we all have different experiences with our respective drones. In my opinion, I'd encourage you to ask yourself what you'd really like to do with your drone and what features are most important to you.

If you want something that is compact and easy to transport, then go with a Mavic Pro, Air, or Spark. Between those three, the quality of cameras and performance makes for is a significant price range, but they all share the portability attraction.

If you plan to use the drone for professional purposes or photography is just high on your list, then go with a Phantom...or an Inspire if you really feel like dropping some cash ;) Although, I really wouldn't recommend an Inspire for your first drone.

You'll have a blast with whatever you end up with. I've written a couple of comparisons on my blog (in the signature section) if you want to check them out. Hope this helps!

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
You'll probably get various answers as we all have different experiences with our respective drones. In my opinion, I'd encourage you to ask yourself what you'd really like to do with your drone and what features are most important to you.

Very well stated. Could not have summed it up any better myself.

IMHO, if you’re just looking for a good “all around” drone I’d go with a Phantom 3 Pro. As was stated you can exchange batteries, chargers and accessories.Best of both worlds.
I have a P3S and love it. I’ll be on the lookout for my P3P.

The major difference between the Phantom 3 Advanced and the Pro is that the Pro can shoot 4k. Unless you have something to view 4K on, it may not be the bird you want.

SB

Reactions: Let Us Drone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94