Drone Police ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I saw a post in the Facebook group (Dji Phantom 3 Standard Owners Only) of a member stating that he was served a search warrant and that his drone and computers were taken by the police. He stated that he was told that this group: Drone Police UK informed the police submitting videos from his YouTube account.

This group is located in the UK and although I plan on following the rules, I was wondering if you guys have had trouble with any similar groups in the states? I know many videos are out there that you can clearly tell that pilots are at altitudes and distances that are out of a line of sight. I have also seen many that look to be flying over crowded or populated areas. These seem to be the types of videos that this group is hunting down.

There are a couple of verified cases here of operators being contacted by FAA reps as a result of YT or other SM postings. None of those cases were reported to result in fines, detainment, or confiscation. Just friendly warnings.
Policy is always changing so just be aware of these past cases.

If you don't want problems
don't post it on social media
and abide by the rules you agreed to by registering with the FAA

Yep, that is the same post that I saw. I did a search for " Drone Police" before posting to see if anyone was talking about it.

If you don't want problems
don't post it on social media
and abide by the rules you agreed to by registering with the FAA

Like I stated, I plan on following the rules but would like to be able to share my videos without feeling like someone is going to complain because a mouse could have been under my drone and it could have landed on it.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I did start a thread also... This us part of what I wrote (thread called drone police UK)

EVERYTHING ON THEIR PAGE IS BREAKING COPY RIGHT LAW WITH REGARDS TO THE OWNER(S) OF THE FOOTAGE

1) drone police UK has no right legally to use OUR footage on their personal page with out our consent or permission.

2) using our content for their own personal gain is illegal

3) by law they need to notify us in person either by writing, phone call, e-mail etc... To say they want to use our footage.

4) they have to take our footage down by law if we request it so send an inbox message to them and keep it

5) if they don't take it down, then by law we have the right to Start legal actions against them if needed be.

6) our YouTube videos are their strictly for watching NOT TO BE USED BY ANY OTHER MEDIA SUCH AS DRONE POLICE UK with out our consent

I have now made an official complaint to Facebook with the theft and illegal use of our videos ....

WITH OUT OUR CONSENT

ALSO OUR KNOWLEDGE THAT OUR PERSONAL VIDEOS ARE BEING USED ON ANOTHER MEDIA PAGE

WITH NO PERMISSION TO SAY FROM THE OWNER THAT THEY CAN USE OUR FOOTAGE

I have screen recorded the entire Facebook page to keep on file stating that the DRONE POLICE UK are targeting innocent people leading to members of drone police UK sending abusive comments to drone flyers.

I have also traced back the host ISP server number which I can then pass on to the authorities and also get them prosecuted for bullying, victimization, harassment, theft of personal footage and a few more other things too.

Please respond below and remember... This is NOT a thread to start attacking each other on flying. We know the rules but drone police is breaking more rules then anyone flying

Neon Euc

And I wrote a few other things to on that thread. But drone police UK are really shooting themselfs in the foot.

Neon Euc

They removed the facebook page.
Glad the police over here dont care in my area. (Not my video)

Last edited:
Reactions: MCTV and rleigh
holy crap.

Future soldiers for the next world war - ace drone pilots

I feel for you guys across the pond. That's crazy you got drone police. He must have been blatantly abusing the laws.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I feel for you guys across the pond. That's crazy you got drone police. He must have been blatantly abusing the laws.

It's just a matter of time before some bored housewives get together and do the same thing. The difference is that here in the USA, the govt will probably give them a grant.

It's just a matter of time before some bored housewives get together and do the same thing. The difference is that here in the USA, the govt will probably give them a grant.
And a TV show like the "Real Bored Housewives Looking for Drones of Orlando". The ironic part of show will be that it would be largely filmed by drones.

Reactions: jakobe75
Hahahaha...

Hey if they banned alcohol once....banning someone from flying a sharp object two miles away over a populated area should be a snap

Reactions: jakobe75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures