Drone pilot shoots neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about letting a mole hill turn into a mountain . . . Two lives ruined. Sad very sad.

Yes it is BA and think of all the post we see from members here and our other forums that say that's what they would do if they were accosted .
These drones are not worth it . I truly hope some of them read this .

Yes it is BA and think of all the post we see from members here and our other forums that say that's what they would do if they were accosted .
These drones are not worth it . I truly hope some of them read this .

My exact thoughts. It's easy to say those things on an "internet forum" and most of us hope & pray people have more common sense and decency when it really happens but this proves that's not always the case.

The public should be more educated on drones, i think its the unknown they fear most......

Yep, that’s why when people come up to me when I’m flying I try to educate them on anything they are curious about.

If I’m ‘busy’ I ask them to wait a minute until I land or am in a safe hover close by. Most are just curious and ask the normal questions of ‘how much do they cost’, etc. Even LEO’s stop by occasionally and watch. That’s a GOOD thing. The more they know about our sport or hobby, the better. It may avoid a confrontation in the future.

I always make it a point to show them my device screen, in this case an iPad 2mini. That way they ‘see’ what the drone sees, with no zoom lens for spying or fancy infrared stuff. Even flying close by, they realize they look kinda small. That erases any thoughts of it being a threat to them if it flies overhead, especially at a few hundred feet.

The more “positives” we put out there, the better. [emoji106]

Everybody is under more pressure and more volatile these days. This isn't really a drone story, it's a story about the world these days. Fights start over the stupidest stuff.
It's as much of a drone story as the one's posted about being accosted by bystanders . It just turned bad .And you are correct about everything else .
Hate it for the family's as they will have all their lives changed also .

Everybody is under more pressure and more volatile these days. This isn't really a drone story, it's a story about the world these days. Fights start over the stupidest stuff.

People have never been under less pressure! We work less hours in better conditions than previous generations, we have more disposable income, better everything - ask your grandparents.

What a lot of people don't have are any social skills or the ability to make decisions without consulting social media :)

We have a whole generation that thinks acting first and thinking later is the norm - this case proves that that method has a few flaws

I agree with you.

I agree. And more importantly people should be educated on the correct use of guns!
What do we know about this guy? Was he a prohibited person? Did he have a carry permit? Does he live in a Constitutional Carry state? Was he carrying consealed? Most responsible gun owners don't just pull a gun and start shooting up on any confrontation. Odds are he is a bad actor to begin with.

People have never been under less pressure! We work less hours in better conditions than previous generations, we have more disposable income, better everything - ask your grandparents.

What a lot of people don't have are any social skills or the ability to make decisions without consulting social media :)

We have a whole generation that thinks acting first and thinking later is the norm - this case proves that that method has a few flaws
Hmm Maybe where you live but everyone I know my age (57) works harder than they used to. more businesses open 24hrs and sundays unlike when i was growing up moast households need 2 incomes to make ends meet, I work 6 days a week and own my own business and I am more stressed than I was 10 years ago.

I do agree that social media has made everybody more reactionary.

Tried the link. "404 page not found".

Reactions: BigAl07
What do we know about this guy? Was he a prohibited person? Did he have a carry permit? Does he live in a Constitutional Carry state? Was he carrying consealed? Most responsible gun owners don't just pull a gun and start shooting up on any confrontation. Odds are he is a bad actor to begin with.
Found this on him:

“In 2005, he pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor counts of unlawful sexual intercourse, according to court records, and in 2004 he pleaded no contest to a charge of misdemeanor battery.“

Source: Drone may have prompted Lake Isabella shooting, deputies say

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart