Drone Laws

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone know what the regulations are for drone laws in NYC, UK, France and Italy?

We'll be travelling there and will be collaborating with hotels but will not be compensated. I know this is kind of where the line is fine in some countries. Anyone currently doing similar work? If permissions are needed, do you know the costs/how long it takes to obtain?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

M

UK, in summary. Max height AGL 400ft, 50 metres (sorry about metres and feet),from people and buildings without permission, line of sight only, no night flying, no flying over congested areas. You need certification for commercial flying.
Check Home for restricted areas,obviously airports etc, but we have nuclear power plants and military installations etc which will get you in big trouble. National Trust land is also forbidden.
Me personally I only fly in the wide open spaces, coastlines, mountains, riversides etc. I would not fly over roads, railways , cities etc, but some people do, and occasionally get warnings.
The CAA is the ruling body, see here.Flying drones | UK Civil Aviation Authority
In general the UK is still very tolerant, despite the endless scare stories in the press.

In the UK there is nothing about no flying at night that I can find. It may fall into the line of sight bracket but as the phantom lights up quite well it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I can't find the regulation where you cannot fly at night. Care to share?

Sent from my STV100-4 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes you are correct, for private flyers it is not illegal to fly at night, but can be construed as reckless flying. For commercial flying, and the OP hints at the fine line of what is planned, then apart from commercial certification you need additional approval from the CAA for night flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT