Drone Flys UNDER landing aircraft at Gander NLFD airport.

Drones are not the problem to aviation.
Pilot reports of close calls with drones rise enormously - CNET

For Pilots, Birds Are A Greater Threat Than Drones - Vocativ

http://www.newsweek.com/greater-threat-airplanes-birds-not-drones-362708

Hell, people are freaked out that they sell quads inside the airport. Really?

Drones terrify pilots, so why are they sold at Newark airport?

Funny, all you hear is negative press. Never hear about the SAR missions, and the plenty benefits that are offered, along with how much safer they are to use rather than any Helicopter when it comes to filming. Hell, Drones probably have saved quite a few lives just in being a safer alternative to areal footage. .

Worked for me. The news however lack details as always. We know it was an "international" airport, which means s..., the aircraft was a C152 which simply means he may or may not be flying the path you would expect an airliner to fly during approach etc.

I dont take this lightly, and I support fair enforcement and punishment as I am flying prop aircrafts everyday myself. But the media is actively seeking news like this and pilots usually overreact with things like these. I will never forget the desperate green laser reports at 3,000ft or a few jets reporting a rescue flare overhead (it was a meteoroid)!

Ok I do not doubt that some of these incidents are real but has anyone ever seen a video or photo of even just one of these incidents? This is a serious question.

that Drone they had to shoot DOWN and the Pilot had to get a severe ticket (at least twice the price of his Drone)

If someone was to do something like this, I doubt posting pics or video to incriminate themselves would be a high priority.

That being said though, if they are dumb enough to do it in the first place, then all bets are off on brain power / common sense to NOT incriminate themselves.

Reactions: bobmyers
IF this did happen, what was this idiot doing flying his drone under a glide scope? That is the type we need to get rid of or else we will all lose the hobby we love. Speak out at every opportunity friends: responsible fliers observe ALL regulations and show consideration for others. If they break the rules and get punished I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever.

For those that cant open the joke 'Breaking News'!!

Drone passes below flight heading into Gander International Airport
A pilot operating a flight into Gander International Airport reported that a drone passed below the aircraft during a descent onto the runway.
A CADORS report indicates the pilot of an Exploits Valley Air Services Cessna 152 reported seeing a drone pass about 30 metres below the plane on Thursday.
The pilot reported the incident to the Gander Tower.
The RCMP were notified, and officers attempted to locate the drone as well as the drone operator, but were not successful.

I'll bet the idiots that fly quads near airports are from the same gene pool as those other idiots that shine lasers into the cockpits when the planes are landing.
Just a hunch of course.

Also of note , in the article they show a pic of a Phantom, which if I am correct, a Phantom would allow itself to get this close to a major airport. Could have been a homemade job, but people who read the article , that see a Phantom , will immediate associate them with this incident. Bad press for not just drone operators, but especially Phantom pilots.

Also of note , in the article they show a pic of a Phantom, which if I am correct, a Phantom would allow itself to get this close to a major airport. Could have been a homemade job, but people who read the article , that see a Phantom , will immediate associate them with this incident. Bad press for not just drone operators, but especially Phantom pilots.
There is no image in the article for me.

Sorry I guess it's in the headline to the story
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440867636.282120.jpg

Thats not what MY P3 looks like! But ya... I didnt look at the headlines. News is all a joke. I dont look any more than I have to.

Thats not what MY P3 looks like! But ya... I didnt look at the headlines. News is all a joke. I dont look any more than I have to.
Agreed, mine either, but to the average Joe who doesn't know the difference , they would assume they are all the same.

I know this is a little off topic, but what do you all tell people when they ask what it is while your out flying? A drone? A quad copter? An alien ship looking for brains?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl