Downgraded to 1.08 firmware

Reaction score
Ok I recently downgraded to 1.08 firmware am I the only one who has done this with the p2v+?

I haven't flown it yet but I like not having to worry about speed limits(decending) or the latest bugs in the new firmware

I know this isn't a new thing for the non plus vision(which I also have running the same firmware)

Thanks in advance

Should be just okay as lot of people have done this.

general01 said:
Ok I recently downgraded to 1.08 firmware am I the only one who has done this with the p2v+?

I haven't flown it yet but I like not having to worry about speed limits(decending) or the latest bugs in the new firmware

I know this isn't a new thing for the non plus vision(which I also have running the same firmware)

Thanks in advance
:D
No worries other than those you mentioned. I run it on both my birds.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18316&hilit=+Version+1.08

MHL

Thanks fellas

I like no having any resrictions and it allows me to set my battery warnings(a big plus)

I haven't got to fly either yet due to the cold and snow but I will as soon as the weather warms up

Would it hurt to update the iPhone app or does it matter??(I am still using the version I used with 3.06 before I downgraded)

Needless to say have it more responsive is great(I do sport flights sometimes) and plus no worry about other possible flaws in the firmware

I always fly with care and have felt like dji just wanted to limit the phantom too much

I flew once with the 3.10 firmware. A test flight the weekend after it was released, before it was withdrawn.
I had no problem with the 10 minute test flight but I haven't flown again since then. I have a note on it to remind me to downgrade before flying it again but I'm hoping the release 3.11 soon before I plan to fly it again.

Curious to hear how you find the old firmware in terms of no limits etc etc.. all the stuff you mentioned basically :) Any stufy f need to be aware of and what not..
Have been toying with the idea of doing the same downgrade.

My v2.1 ESC should arrive any day now so I can finally reinstall the 2312 motors back in.. also worried if there might be some issues with new esc/motor and old firmware combo... wouldn't assume there should be... but could be an $1800 assumption if wrong :/

justin00 said:
Curious to hear how you find the old firmware in terms of no limits etc etc.. all the stuff you mentioned basically :) Any stufy f need to be aware of and what not..
Have been toying with the idea of doing the same downgrade.

My v2.1 ESC should arrive any day now so I can finally reinstall the 2312 motors back in.. also worried if there might be some issues with new esc/motor and old firmware combo... wouldn't assume there should be... but could be an $1800 assumption if wrong :/

Go to droneslinger.com and downlond the pc software version 1.08 and then run it and plug the bird in the usb then go to update(it will show the new firmware but it will load the 1.08 firmware)

Don't be alarmed when it shows it as a non plus vision(it will still work like it did with the gimbal and camera just no restrictions for anything and no no fly zones)

The benefits are as follows
No speed limits(no wimpy decending unless you want it)
No early return to home on a low battery warning that dji"thinks" is best
No going nutty and crashing like is reported with the newer firmware that has been reported lately

Only downside is you lose ground station(I never used it so no loss for me)
Dynamic home point is also lost(I think haven't tested yet)
The time remaining meter won't work(battery level does)

when I tried it on my vision + ver 3 the gimbal tilt wheel on the controller didnt work the right way. is there something you have to do to calibrate it?

copyhere said:
when I tried it on my vision + ver 3 the gimbal tilt wheel on the controller didnt work the right way. is there something you have to do to calibrate it?

It may need to be re calibrated using the rc app on the computer

Also check to make sure it works on the bird side by connection the phantom to the computer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl