Downgrade your Firmware!

Reaction score
Hi All,

Find a way to really downgrade your Phantom2 firmware without conflicts etc.
If You are interested and having problems with the limitations DJI (Apple like) constraining you, i find out a solution.
For me personaly, the latest software 3.08 is causing serious problems with lift limitations and also causes a couple of crashes (thanks DJI...) (see topic "Strange Behaviour")

Before I can fully report, i have to make a testflight!!!, so be very carefull! (i'm not taking any responsibility!!! what so ever, OWN RISK!!!)

step 1: You have to open your Phantom2
step 2: Find your Naza controller
step 3: Place the USB side forwards to You
step 4: look at the controller pins
step 5: connect the most 2 LEFT pins in the LEFT BOTTOM CORNER together (you will need a servo cable or something like that)
step 6: start your current assistant software
step 7: power up your Phantom2 (it will blink red with short beeps, if not, your bridge is incorrect, power down and look again)
step 8: click Upgrade in your assistant software
step 9: firmware maincontroller version indicates v 0.00 (if not, your bridge is incorrect, power down and check your bridge)
step 10: DO NOT UPGRADE and close your current assistant software
step 11: install, for example, assistant software v 1.08 (in my case, later versions are not allowing updates, perhaps only that version wich came with your brandnew Phantom2 are useable? dont know...)
step 12: start assistant software 1.08 and downgrade!
step 13: power down your Phantom2
step 14: disconnect the bridge
step 15: power up your Phantom2

Look at the software versions, the are now downgraded to version 1.08!
From here you can upgrade to the version you like!

I will ASAP post here the link to download V1.08 assistant after i have made a succesfull testflight!
To be continued!

Nielske said:
Hi All,

Find a way to really downgrade your Phantom2 firmware without conflicts etc.
If You are interested and having problems with the limitations DJI (Apple like) constraining you, i find out a solution.
For me personaly, the latest software 3.08 is causing serious problems with lift limitations and also causes a couple of crashes (thanks DJI...) (see topic "Strange Behaviour")

Before I can fully report, i have to make a testflight!!!, so be very carefull! (i'm not taking any responsibility!!! what so ever, OWN RISK!!!)

step 1: You have to open your Phantom2
step 2: Find your Naza controller
step 3: Place the USB side forwards to You
step 4: look at the controller pins
step 5: connect the most 2 LEFT pins in the LEFT BOTTOM CORNER together (you will need a servo cable or something like that)
step 6: start your current assistant software
step 7: power up your Phantom2 (it will blink red with short beeps, if not, your bridge is incorrect, power down and look again)
step 8: click Upgrade in your assistant software
step 9: firmware maincontroller version indicates v 0.00 (if not, your bridge is incorrect, power down and check your bridge)
step 10: DO NOT UPGRADE and close your current assistant software
step 11: install, for example, assistant software v 1.08 (in my case, later versions are not allowing updates, perhaps only that version wich came with your brandnew Phantom2 are useable? dont know...)
step 12: start assistant software 1.08 and downgrade!
step 13: power down your Phantom2
step 14: disconnect the bridge
step 15: power up your Phantom2

Look at the software versions, the are now downgraded to version 1.08!
From here you can upgrade to the version you like!

I will ASAP post here the link to download V1.08 assistant after i have made a succesfull testflight!
To be continued!

Thanks for the thoughts and efforts but droneslinger.com has got that covered already.

Just sayin' ;)

Ahh, Thanks, didn't know that! I searched several times for this item and couldn't find any solution, sorry for this, perhaps this topic may change this search item...

No apologies.

You're a good person to share and to try and help others in this way. ;)

Just saving you some effort if you'd rather use your time to Go Fly! :lol:

Thanks Mate!
But i have seen to many questions about this item, so proberly this will indeed a better help to find a solution fore some disapointed DJI pilots!
If you don't reset your flight controller it will result in software conflicts, its not enough just downloading V1.08!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl