Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Downgrade your Firmware!

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Nielske, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Nielske

Hi All,

Find a way to really downgrade your Phantom2 firmware without conflicts etc.
    If You are interested and having problems with the limitations DJI (Apple like) constraining you, i find out a solution.
    For me personaly, the latest software 3.08 is causing serious problems with lift limitations and also causes a couple of crashes (thanks DJI...) (see topic "Strange Behaviour")

Before I can fully report, i have to make a testflight!!!, so be very carefull! (i'm not taking any responsibility!!! what so ever, OWN RISK!!!)

step 1: You have to open your Phantom2
    step 2: Find your Naza controller
    step 3: Place the USB side forwards to You
    step 4: look at the controller pins
    step 5: connect the most 2 LEFT pins in the LEFT BOTTOM CORNER together (you will need a servo cable or something like that)
    step 6: start your current assistant software
    step 7: power up your Phantom2 (it will blink red with short beeps, if not, your bridge is incorrect, power down and look again)
    step 8: click Upgrade in your assistant software
    step 9: firmware maincontroller version indicates v 0.00 (if not, your bridge is incorrect, power down and check your bridge)
    step 10: DO NOT UPGRADE and close your current assistant software
    step 11: install, for example, assistant software v 1.08 (in my case, later versions are not allowing updates, perhaps only that version wich came with your brandnew Phantom2 are useable? dont know...)
    step 12: start assistant software 1.08 and downgrade!
    step 13: power down your Phantom2
    step 14: disconnect the bridge
    step 15: power up your Phantom2

Look at the software versions, the are now downgraded to version 1.08!
    From here you can upgrade to the version you like!

I will ASAP post here the link to download V1.08 assistant after i have made a succesfull testflight!
    To be continued!

2. N017RW

Thanks for the thoughts and efforts but droneslinger.com has got that covered already.

Just sayin' ;)

3. Nielske

Ahh, Thanks, didn't know that! I searched several times for this item and couldn't find any solution, sorry for this, perhaps this topic may change this search item...

4. N017RW

No apologies.

You're a good person to share and to try and help others in this way. ;)

Just saving you some effort if you'd rather use your time to Go Fly! :lol:

5. Nielske

Thanks Mate!
    But i have seen to many questions about this item, so proberly this will indeed a better help to find a solution fore some disapointed DJI pilots!
    If you don't reset your flight controller it will result in software conflicts, its not enough just downloading V1.08!