DoneBase "Aircraft" app

Reaction score
Dronebase has just started touting their "augmented reality" app called Airport, which seems to be a far stretch from their core competency of Dronebase's roots of commercial video shoots for real estate. Can someone explain what this product could be used for? IMO it looks kinda silly, like a toy for young kids to play with, not intended for a grown kid like me. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
AirCraft (beta) was designed to be very simple and our first foray into AR. The underlying technology in our app aligned with the DJI SDK is what is very valuable (in my opinion). This first iteration allows the drone pilot to place, delete, see, and see others Augmented Reality blocks. We are working on iterating on the performance, and other use cases for this type of technology. Think about what ARKit on iphone is enabling other business to do (example, placing furniture in your room to see how it looks before purchasing it, providing maps while on your phone).

There are a lot of potential in both the creative AND commercial use cases that we are working with our partners as well as new verticals. We understand at its current form, it won't be for everyone or the hardcore part 107 pilots. Totally get it. We are open to discussions with those that can see value in ways that even we haven't thought about!

CNET Article: Minecraft in the sky, anyone?

DroneLife Article: DroneBase Launches Augmented Reality Building Platform

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT