Does international warranty? It has drowned! Magic numbers 1280x720 60p!

Reaction score
Good afternoon, Internet users. This touching letter I would like to divide by 8 short parts.
Part first is the saddest: "It has drowned!"
Part second: Threatening letter.
Part third: Hopelessness.
Part fourth. Chronicle
Part fifth. Thanks a lot
to the DJI team
Part sixth: Magic numbers 1280x720 60p
Part seventh: Hello! How are you doing, support service?
Part eighth final: International Warranty.

Basically all of the text in Acts will include my correspondence with support service. I don’t know whether I have the right to spread the correspondence from the moral point of view. But in fact I don’t give a **** now. If you want sue me.)) In order not to tire the user, I'm not going to lay out the whole conversation, but will put only the basic quotes of correspondence.

Part first is the saddest: "It has drowned!"

Would be desirable to start the first act from the very end, and it is my last letter to support service. In this letter I described the incident almost entirely.

22nd of June
On June 22 I was shooting the quay of Petrovskaya fortress, it was the fourth flight of the drone. I flew with the standard settings and didn’t use additional functions. At this day it seems that I’ve set the settings, video recording 1260x720 30fps and was showing online on youtube. About 5-6 minutes it was a normal flight over the quay. Then, I landed the drone to the ground and had put the settings for it 1260x720 60fps, later, I switched activetrack and designated a person, a couple of times it disappeared from the activetrack’s field of vision. I canceled activetrack and flew back, the camera was aimed at people, I was flying over the water, joystick was directed only to backward movement, up and down left and right, I was not directed. Was flying just backward. I do not remember, was I flying looking at the camera of the phone or looking at the drone. But remember, it stopped and hovered for a time, on 1-2 seconds, he began to land on the water,then I looked at the phone, it had gone in standby. I undressed quickly and swam after it, for some time it tried to rise up, but it swallowed too much water and drowned, I did not have time to reach it with 10 seconds. Then I got out and was in complete psychological shock. I did not understand. What have I done wrong? I looked at the phone, and I do not remember what was there. Then tried to call the divers, but have not found. Only after some time I’ve been recovered, and learned about the logs. And wrote to you.

On July 13-14, I conducted an experiment with a new drone. I have already described to you what I was doing. I’ve sent you on July 13 where in the drone was also not triggered RTH. If you need any more information or have some questions. Ask, I will attempt to describe in detail.

Part second: Threatening letter.

From the first act the user can understand crux of the problem. But some issues have not been disclosed, and in this part, I will reveal them.

July 5, I wrote the first letter to support service, that the drone fell down, we were talking with quite short phrases and everything that the support service requested I have given. After a discussion I was offered a coupon for 30% of the drone cost. I was surprised, I was shocked, and I was very angry. I rummaged through the entire Internet, but about the coupons was no any words. And I decided to act. Found another drone and July 13 began to conduct experiments to establish the same parameters as at the wreck. I led the drone far away from the starting point, turned off the console, and it just hung there a moment and began to land. That is RTH hasn’t triggered! On the joys, the next day, July 14 I has made video recordings, collected logs, gathered all correspondence with support service, collected all the thoughts and 21 July wrote a threatening letter.

Original!
Short citation of letters, with comments.
The first letter was written on July 5 at 16:37. In it, I described because of what the accident occurred.

JI account Email: [email protected]
22nd of June
send it back is impossible, he drowned

This is the last file log. It shows all!
DJIFlightRecord_2016-06-22_[19-06-24].txt

I wrote to you! It reached?
1. Charge the battery for 5-10 minutes ago
2. 4 minutes flying without problems.
3. After landing, put the settings.
1280 × 720 60p
Streaming on youtube
4. Introduced pile driver on the camera, after some time the tablet appeared a black screen, then looked at the drone, he began to land on the water. We tried to save did not help
5. Use all the default settings. Not done experimenting. This was a flight of 3-4.
6. Very sorry pile driver. And so now Do not know what happened, what we've done wrong. Can you help? All instructions have been written that when an error is triggered RTH, why it did not work?

After much correspondence, I sent you the drone’s logs, drone’s video. All that you had been asking for, I sent to you on July 7 at 19:32. I asked you a question,

You still something you want?

You replied on July 8 at 15:24.
we cheked the flight record and the video you sent to us for several times, but can not analyze the reason why it drops.
In that case, we could apply coupon for you to buy a new aircraft.
is that ok?
Last letter
July 12 at 15:49
thirty percent discount
For example, you need 100 for it, with the coupon, you just need pay 70.

Now the question. On the basis of which facts you give a 30% discount? I gave you all the information that you have requested, and after your analysis my fault is at 70%, herewith you didn’t provide any data on my guilt in the drone crash.
In international law, there is presumption of innocence principle. Which states "The accused is innocent until proven otherwise." On the basis of your correspondence and your analysis, I refuse to be guilty. Although by law, you could not prove my guilt, and conversely confirmed my innocence, because you could not prove otherwise. Because you had ranked me guilty in the drone’s death, I had to spend my own time and to conduct my own analysis, and consult with a lawyer. After a few dozen flights, and a lot of wasted time, I found a sequence in which the drone does not go into RTH. but lands. And if you, based on my logs, would have done the same sequences, then you could find a mistake. The sequence is as follows.

If you make.

1. Turn on the drone.
2. Put the record of 1280 × 720 60p
3. Raise the drone and lead it away.
4. Turn on active track and direct it on the human, and we disappear from his visibility 2 times.
5. Lead it to distant place.
6. Triggered RTH.
All is well.

If you make
1.Turn on the drone.
2.Put online broadcast on youtube
3. Put the record of 1280 × 720 60p
Appears DJI Go program.

The process itself can be seen on the video.

After, reboot the program.

1. Turn on the drone.
2. Put online broadcast on youtube
3. Put the record of 1280 × 720 60p
4. Raise the drone and lead it away.
5. Turn on active track and direct it on the human, and we disappear from his visibility 2 times.
6. Lead it to distant place.
7. Turn off the console.
8. It lands on the ground.

The process itself can be seen on the video. Logs will be attached to the letter. You can even re-examine the logs and find errors. If you have any questions, I can repeat.
When the drone was bought, I was given international guarantees, and if drone falls or flies away or sinks through the fault of the software, the company returns the drone by guarantee. I was very pleased that the company cares of its name. Now, when my drone had been drowned, your company did not find errors in the software, did not find my mistake in piloting. You had accused me 70% guilty in the drone’s crash, but I found a mistake and proved that this is software error. Give me please back the drone by guarantee, because I’ve spent a lot of time while searching for errors in the software, at legal aid payment and received psychological shock from falling. Please, compensate the costs by extra batteries. If your decision will be negative, then I will have to seek the truth on the Internet.

Sincerely, Sergey Ivanov.

p.s. 12.07.2016 Released a new release. My question is there fixed a bug due to which drowned my drone?
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/en/Phantom_4_Release_Notes_en_20160712.pdf

Part third: Hopelessness.

After sending the letter, I was confident of victory over the system. All the evidence I have, video, logs. I'm on horse, and my enemy is defeated. Fool! We were talking few days, solving some minor issues. For example
VvJIXQca0zN5OeWtx0zsRQRVTsj5n2ZgVGNPKsf9rMdJXCbsJtOyip9ykd59skbXva6UvdWMWzCejhK74zqrPw%3D%3D
I said, during the testing drone distanced by 71 ft, and when it has drowned more than 80 ft. And every little thing. And 27 July, letter came.

I really wanted to ask a lot of questions after this message:

Dear sir,
Let me explain it in details:
According to your flight record, it dropped on 22th June 2016, the time is 19:06:24, the location is 59.9476591 30.3106548
The flight record stopped suddenly after 7 minutes and 56 seconds, at that time , you move the joystick forward 50%, and the aircraft fly forward at a speed of 6.2m/s. the GPS signal is good.
Accoring to the video you provide, it seems there is no abstacles around.
BTW, the quality of the video is not good, maybe there are some compatibility issue on your mobilde device.

After we check the new log and video, we could not find the problem of the firmware you mentioned.

In that case, it cannot be confirmed. Hope your kindly understanding.

So, what is next? Where the drone landed? Why has it landed on the water? Why RTH hasn’t triggered? What mistakes did I make? What had to be done so that this wouldn’t happen? What happened at all?

Part fourth. Chronicle

In this part, I wanted to show the chronicle of events. So that you could understand the sequence of events that have occurred.
June 22 the drone fell down
July 5 wrote the first letter.
July 12 coming out a new firmware
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/en/Phantom_4_Release_Notes_en_20160712.pdf
July 13-14, conducting a test flight, which shows RTH non triggering.

I think I used version 2.8.1 of dji go, and now already exists 2.8.4.

Part fifth. Thanks a lot to the DJI team
July 13-14, I could see that a new firmware appeared, but has not updated it. Am I a fool? I wrote all the things down, documented and sent to support service. It is worth mentioning, the drone which was being tested is not mine, and has been bought for the trip. Unfortunately, at the end of the month it was updated, and on the 27th was received a letter from support service. But I didn’t despair, I believed in the DJI, and thought that they didn’t fix it. August 3 I was given a drone for 1 day, for testing with the new firmware. And what a miracle, they have corrected this mistake! And now drone’s RTH triggers normally. Thanks a lot to the DJI team! Well, how they fixed?

Part Sixth: Magic numbers 1280x720 60p
The theme could be called the "ravings of a madman." But anyway we will be based on facts.
Read the specifications on the website.
DJI Phantom 4 – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads
HD: 1280 × 720 24/25/30/48/50 / 60p
The first letter. I wrote that I’ve set option of 1280 × 720 60p, and after some time the drone fell down.
While testing an old firmware also was put setting of 1280 × 720 60p
And I learned that on the old firmware on PAL and NTSC standard you can set the parameter of 1280 × 720 60p
In the new firmware v1.2.503, I have not found this option. There was no 60p button ... Or is it the ravings of a madman? There could be set only 1280x720 50p. Now I have no drones, but I was working on August 3 with the European version, and there as the default is PAL. What with NTSC parameter, I do not know
Just for information. If you look at the video where I was testing the drone, you can see that the set option is 1280x720 50p, although I’ve set 60p. The program error..

Part seventh: Hello! How are you doing, support service?
When contacting support service, I thought it will be a lot of questions, a lot of parameters to send, a lot of questions to answer. Was a really open person who is willing to help to solve the problem. But in fact I sent a txt and video, and that's all. But more, what has completely finished me off, I have found an error, sent all the things to them. And was ready to go and remove the video again, to collect logs again. And in fact? You have seen the correspondence. And further finished me off! August 3 I did downgrade of the drone, and connected it to a computer, and the first time I learned that the drone keeps logs. Why support service, you have not asked me to send logs while testing??? Unfortunately, drone stores only a certain number of records, and it overwrites the old logs. I can not provide you with these logs.

Part eighth final: International Warranty.
As promised, I wrote this letter. Unfortunately, I do not have the drone to gather further evidence, but I just give you the facts that were with me. In it I have tried to show the existence of problems in the software. At which, if you have a problem with a mobile phone, remote control or with the signal, your drone will not back home. And just will land to the place where it is now. In my situation, this place was water. But these facts were not enough to engage the international warranty. Why? I don’t know. Maybe you can respond to this question.

p.s. As a human, I have made many mistakes. And probably if I have not done it, there would be no letter, and everything would be well .. But to be honest, I would like to enumerate.
1. The main mistake. In the evening, after the fall of the drone, mobile samsung s6 wept and said. You have little space, and proposed to delete the files. There was a video of 700 megs. I was depressed and I did not care, I saw that it was not opening and removed it. After I realized my mistake. But have got a video from youtube!
2. I disgustingly recorded the video, which showed non triggering of RTH. It was necessary to show all the parameters that I’ve sent. And for showing the landing differently.
3. We had to beg and plead not to update drone on which everything was tested.
4. I did not write a lot of things. Just do not have time and have a lot of work. Even writing this letter took a lot of time.

p.s. Unfortunately, I know English bad. And all that you read, has translated Denis for fee. Big thanks to him! And I can not answer you fully.

Here is the test flight where RTH has not triggered, if your console shut down.
I throw the original and restored version. This flight is showed on youtube.
14_15_22_DJI_RECORD.rar
Logs for it.
14_15_22_FlightRecord.rar
Here are the logs from the last drone’s flight.
crash_DJIFlightRecord_2016-06-22_[19-06-24].rar

Last edited:
Could you have possibly lost RC connection and had setting in dji go for "Landing" When RC connection is lost? You stated at the time drone went down the phone had gone to standby, due to no signal from app?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Could you have possibly lost RC connection and had setting in dji go for "Landing" When RC connection is lost? You stated at the time drone went down the phone had gone to standby, due to no signal from app?
Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I`m write
it was the fourth flight of the drone. I flew with the standard settings and didn’t use additional functions.
I did not install in the advanced settings
http://www.pauljoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_0024.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z