Does anyone know how to decipher the hidden .txt file?

I dont care how long it takes, I'm just thankful you are willing to help me out.

So do I restart with the 1.10 force firmware, or am I at the 1.8 now?

OK, so I was able to downgrade the AC... At least I think. The log kept showing the "need upgrade" so i downgraded far enough for the upgrade to happen. But thats just a friggin guess really. I dont have a clue what needs to be done, so hopefully I didnt cause more damage. I know I'm not the only one frustrated by this mess of having to resolve our own problems in forums. Got to say this is pissing me right off.

OK, done ranting.

To downgrade I added the debug file "P3S_FW_DEBUG" (opened notepad, saved as "P3S_FW_DEBUG.txt" with nothing in the file, removed file extension by renaming file and deleting .txt from the end) to the sd card with the .bin firmware file, and went from 1.10 one firmware step at time backwards. I forced firmware every time by starting the ac while pressing the link button, then released the button after two beeps sounded right before the upgrade started. I can only guess it was working, the .txt files will hopefully sort this out.

Attachments

• P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 81
  • P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    39.1 KB · Views: 100
it's not possible to help you if you can't follow my instructions
I wrote "so first thing is to try to downgrade to 1.9.60, using debug file"
I wasn't talking about doing this with link button
and I didn't want you to downgrade down to 1.2.8 at all

anyway, according to that log, none of the firmware package can recognize those modules
so I'd say you are done

since you are now at 1.2.8, you can try to upgrade it to higher versions, one by one, without additional help (I mean no debug file, no link button, just do it official way)
after every single upgrade check the log for changes in those not detected devices
- if you see any change, stop upgrading and post log here
- if not, keep upgrading, but only until 1.9.60, don't go higher and post log here

Reactions: glosol
I was able to get it back up to 1.5 and hit a wall. It doesnt want to upgrade to 1.6

Attachments

• P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    54 KB · Views: 102
  • P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 114
So its doing the 1.7 right now. Is there really a chance to recover the modules or is this the last effort before calling it bricked?

Ok, I'm at 1.9.

Attachments

• P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 271
  • P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    60.5 KB · Views: 99
now that you are back at 1.9, you can finally do what I wanted you to do few days ago:
try to install 1.9 again, by those "special methods"

at first, try to install it with link button, without debug file
if it doesn't help, try the opposite - without link button, but with debug file
if still nothing, try only firmware 1.9 bin file, no link button, no debug file (this is really last chance - in one of your previous log file there is one moment when most of the modules were detected, maybe some miracle happens again)

if all of this fails, then, I'm afraid, AC is bricked for good
you can always try to load this 1.9 repeatedly and maybe once again modules will be detected

Reactions: glosol
What would be your suggestion to fix a brick? would a main board failure cause this, or is it another component responsible for this?

Ok, testing now, will post results.

So I'm looking this thing over and just now notice some damage. I found a problem with the landing gear right away, which was the nut molded into the body had been pulled half out of the plastic, preventing the leg from fully tightening. I was able to press that back into place and the landing leg is all good now.
In the picture it shows a little damage. I pulled the part to check for any sign of impact on the board but was not able to find anything at all. The round part that looks like a speaker is scuffed too, but I can't say for sure if there is any damage on that.
Im unsure what that actually is, but assuming its for the vision indoor system? Would damage to that cause these not detected errors?

CM170210-05544902.jpg

OK, I was ready to drop $250.00 on the Main and OFDM boards. First I had to check the cables before that investment and maybe get lucky with a simple fix. I tore the whole thing apart and found quite a few pinches in the cables. I tested them with the meter for continuity, routed them to prevent future pinching and seated the plugs well.

Fired it up with 1.9 on the SD Card and in no time at all it came back with D-DD beeps.

All devices are now detected.

Spun up the motors and found one that failed. It's weird, but the motor is making almost a beeping sound of its own, and the tone changes if I turn the motor by hand. Is that common for a bad motor?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka