DO you think this is fake or real ?

I guess the smiplest way to fake that, would be just following the phantom, as it is showing the distance from the home point.

Using passive reflectors will increase gain and directivity.

But the amount really depends on the construction, material, shape, size, proper alignment, focusing, etc.

The video creator's design might actually work better if he redesigned the holders to be inside the reflector rather than 'capping off' the top and bottom.

that's the second vid ive seen with that style reflector .. not sure if its the same guy or not .. I get why it might work , but have hard time wrapping my head around how cheap and easy it is to get that kind of result/range .. thinking there will be a lot of people making these .. we will see how many actually post results or just pretend like it never happened lol :roll:

I think it is fake because he show no reflector or reflector focus aimed at the extender, im building my self a real parabolic using alluminium plate right now, it will be focus directly at the back of the range extender from all side of the plate, will send pictures and results later. Im gonna start with the extender because it allready as shorter link then the control link...

Edit:

ZujkWnC.jpg

This prototype was made out of a 1/16 tick aluminium sheet, cardboard to hold things, epoxy to glue, velcro tape to hold on the controler and quickly painted white for stylish purposes.
Test done at 640x480:30 fps...
Range improvement : Double (stuck= 250m before cutoff) (parabolic= 498m before cutoff)

Everything is stuck on my Vision(It is the non-plus version and i did not use my 27 dBm software mod or wireless G for that flight).
I will do more of those, will try to make a real dish design later, i've lot of experience with long range wifi, and directional antenna focus points, so i think i can improve this design and get another 100% range.

And i believe that video is fake.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl