Do you own a Mavic and a P4P?

Reaction score
Interested in knowing how many have both the Mavic and P4P. Headed to St. John for 2 weeks and thinking a Mavic would be much easier to bring down.

Thanks in advance....

Got the P4, P4P, and just got the mavic yesterday. Still a couple hours of learning time before I will fly the mavic.

Last edited:
Hows the flying up in AK? I was stationed on Adak back in the 80's and loved it out there.
That would be an awesome place to fly a drone except for the constant wind. It was or maybe still is called "The birth place of the winds"

It has been a real winter. Snow, high winds, freezing fog, and subzero this last week. Things are looking up. More day light and in the 20's, during the day. I fly in remote areas. Just practice around town.
I will be flying today for the first time in months. Adak is a different world. They have been cleaning it up over the last few years.It is a shame all those building out there are going to waste.

I was only supposed to be there a year and after 4 1/2 years they made me leave. I loved it there even though it was isolated. Yea big bummer when it was shut down and all those brand new building now just wasting away

If you can get the Mavic do it! I have both and the Mavic is way easier to travel with. I actually purchased it after I realized how difficult my P4P+ would be to travel with.

Now if I'm going to the beach, sightseeing or on vacation the Mavic is my go to drone. If I'm doing something a bit more serious I'll take the Phantom. Overall I'd say it's 75% Mavic, 25% P4P+ on use.

The photo quality on the Mavic is great IMO. I only do still photography so video quality might vary but I'd equate it to a bit better than an iPhone 7 camera and that's good enough for me.

I have both. If you're traveling the Mavic is the one to take but there are trade offs. The field of view on the Mavic is smaller, but for most shooting this really isn't an issue. The Mavic is much more subject to wind and drift in wind. That can be a hassle as it's 'desire' to correct for drift can effect picture quality. But still the question comes down to which one is easier to travel with...the Mavic absolutely. I always take both in my truck. I have a Chevy Avalanche and the rear deck is perfect for takeoff and landing. But if I have to hike to a site the Mavic is a dream to quickly pack or grab and go. Ah, one other issue with the Mavic...take off and landing. It's unforgiving when it comes to dust, sand, grass etc so you need a fairly level and firm surface to safely get off the ground and land. A partial solution are the leg extensions you can buy as that gives you a bit more clearance with virtually no added weight.
Since you'll be on an island just keep track of what the wind does. Once you know how the prevailing winds are at your location...and how they change during the day...you can do some planning so the wind won't always be an unknown.
So, yes...it would be much easier to take down and easier to move around once you're there....especially with the Flymore package. It has a belt loop or you can just through it into another pack and you;'ll barely know it's there.

Andrew

If you can get the Mavic do it! I have both and the Mavic is way easier to travel with. I actually purchased it after I realized how difficult my P4P+ would be to travel with.

Now if I'm going to the beach, sightseeing or on vacation the Mavic is my go to drone. If I'm doing something a bit more serious I'll take the Phantom. Overall I'd say it's 75% Mavic, 25% P4P+ on use.

The photo quality on the Mavic is great IMO. I only do still photography so video quality might vary but I'd equate it to a bit better than an iPhone 7 camera and that's good enough for me.
sell me your p4p then. All you will need to worry about is the mavic [emoji4]

I have both Mavic and P4P+. I can't decide which one I love most. They're all so amazing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures