Do you have to register a P3 Standard drone?

Reaction score
Hi,
I contacted the dealer I bought the drone from and he said that you do not need to register the drone if you are just flying for fun. He said it was ruled unconstitutional. Is this true or false?

Do you have to register it?

All drone registration was reinstated on 12/12/17 with the signing of the Defense Authorization Act.

You must register your P3S.

Reactions: Oso
All drone registration was reinstated on 12/12/17 with the signing of the Defense Authorization Act.

You must register your P3S.
Thank you. Can I register it as part 336 and fly anywhere legally or do I have to be on club grounds?

You register as a hobbyist. No need to join or fly at a club site. However club sites may require joining it and or the AMA.

Yes , They do have to be registered.. The President vetoed that..

Now the registry is back on, courtesy of a bill signed into law by President Trump. The reinstated rules were one small piece of the $700 billion National Defense Authorization Ac. Likely the bit about drone registration didn’t even register a blip on the president’s radar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fake News!

He did not Veto it.
You can’t Veto court decisions.

So sorry N017RW the first sentence in my reply to the post was my wording..No he actually did not veto.. I guess I meant to say struck down? ic's snay, stepped on it..
Now that I know we're keeping track though...

Reactions: BigAl07
So sorry N017RW the first sentence in my reply to the post was my wording..No he actually did not veto.. I guess I meant to say struck down? ic's snay, stepped on it..
Now that I know we're keeping track though...

Well for what ever reason, it was included in the DA bill..., it is now reinstated.
Won’t argue over semantics but I would not describe it as struck down either.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl