Do you color your props?

This ink drys in less than a minute. I tried to rub/scratch it off. It's permanent! It's very 1 dimensional and doesn't add any weight to the prop from what I can tell. I wouldn't put a clear coat on, as it may unbalance the prop.

This is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S13H88/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I coated each prop completely with green. Let dry for a few minutes, then added some blue. Let that dry. Finished with some red. 10 minutes I was done. One point I need to make. You'll notice a couple props are a little light. In my excitement I forgot to initially shake the bottle of green.

I've flown for months now with the Rit synthetic dyed props and have no issues. I don't expect any with these.

Not a very good picture. She has been busy. It is the name of one of the drones.

Attachments

• IMG_1601.JPG
    IMG_1601.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 494
Forget the straw...fire up the rotors...

You can paint the walls, the carpet, and the cat at the same time!

You owe me a keyboard!! (spit coffee all over the place when I read that -- and sent the cat into a panic state!)......:)

Reactions: Phantom Pirate
Forget the straw...fire up the rotors...

You can paint the walls, the carpet, and the cat at the same time!
I think this would be brilliant idea, I do believe the pattern afterwards would be great, after warm up place several drops of color around top then just take off and fly straight up. Allow time to dry . Repeat process in different directions MASTERPIECE. Tape all important sensors and lenses before procedure, key to this would be to do very small amounts of paint and multiple take off, and don't forget the propellers

Last edited:
I tried a desert camo pattern with the blades. Let me know what you guys think
a00230d2a4ee979fa75c0f75a88ca4e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That looks sweet!! Was this dye or actual paint that you used?
I only ask as if was paint the there could be two problems that could cause a risk to your bird in flight. 1. The paint might knock off the balance of your props. 2. The paint could cause an issue with the lift of the props. Any combination could cause your bird to fly erratically leading to a crash.
I'm not trying to take away from the sweet prop job, just don't want to see a fellow droner get in a situation.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor