do i need to change the shell?

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a crash couple days ago. I was flying over the field i think there was a strong wind gust and my phantom fall top to the ground. I was reading that my engines should turn off automatically when its falling like that but this is dji product and they dont do that. Now i'm wondering do i need to change the shell ? my engines still working in the dirt after fall and they got little hot. Now my engine mount looks like that what do You think is this affect the work of the copter ??

IMG_20170920_180534.jpg

Hi guys. I have a crash couple days ago. I was flying over the field i think there was a strong wind gust and my phantom fall top to the ground. I was reading that my engines should turn off automatically when its falling like that but this is dji product and they dont do that. Now i'm wondering do i need to change the shell ? my engines still working in the dirt after fall and they got little hot. Now my engine mount looks like that what do You think is this affect the work of the copter ??

View attachment 88461

By all means, the shell should be replaced. Not only did the motor overheat but that blue loctite on the mounting hole will destroy what is left of the plastic mounts. There is also a crack in the end of the arm as well. You might have damaged the motor and ESC module as well but there is no way of knowing that until everything is repaired and tested. You will also have to perform an advanced IMU when everything is completed before the P2 is flown.

By all means, the shell should be replaced. Not only did the motor overheat but that blue loctite on the mounting hole will destroy what is left of the plastic mounts. There is also a crack in the end of the arm as well. You might have damaged the motor and ESC module as well but there is no way of knowing that until everything is repaired and tested. You will also have to perform an advanced IMU when everything is completed before the P2 is flown.
This little crack is not important for me every phantom has that because DJI plastic is #%$#. All i ask was that motor mounts. Its problematic to buy used ph2 shell that's why i'm asking. I bought one already and its more banged up that mine.

What do You mine by saying blue loctite will destroy what is left of this holes ??

This little crack is not important for me every phantom has that because DJI plastic is #%$#. All i ask was that motor mounts. Its problematic to buy used ph2 shell that's why i'm asking. I bought one already and its more banged up that mine.

What do You mine by saying blue loctite will destroy what is left of this holes ??

Not all have that crack on the ends of the arms and there is also a crack on one of the motor mounts. The blue loctite will eat through the plastic. Buying used equipment is always a risk. There are still some new P2 shells available but you likely to find them listed under P2 vision+ listings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart