Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Sigfús Steindórsson

I´ve been wondering if a normal none 4g enabled tablet is enough or if i should use my galaxy s7 with airplane mode on or not.
    Doesn´t return to home need maps and for maps you need a data conncetion?

2. Multicoptertec

You can save maps ahead of time for areas you will be flying in. For live maps, yes, you need data or wifi.

Sigfús Steindórsson likes this.
  3. alokbhargava

Cellular data is needed at site if you like to update maps at site or establish live video feed to YouTube.

4. Sigfús Steindórsson

thanks for the replies guys, then i´m wondering what happens if i get a phone call whilst flying? has that happened to you or anyone you know?

5. SouthernPhantom

If someone calls, just don't answer it. However, with a phone, the less going on, the better. I leave my data on during takeoff to get the current Google map, then switch to airplane mode. If I forget, it doesn't hurt the flight. You can even shut your phone off, reboot it, and reconnect if you're flying in GPS mode.

6. Sigfús Steindórsson

wow good info,that´s what i´ll do, wi-fi off, data on during take off and then boom- airplane mode . Thank you sir

7. SouthernPhantom

Yes. One more comment ... It's obviously best to have everything working properly and checked out before takeoff to avoid scary problems. My point was that, it's the RC that controls the flight, more so than the phone.