DJI Service Sends Refurb for 6 Week old Bird

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI
Click on Warranty, scrowl down to P4P. This shows the warranty on all parts of the craft and those that have no warranty, like propellers. This is about all I can find on the subject. It does say, warranty varies, depending on where it was purchased.

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI
Click on Warranty, scrowl down to P4P. This shows the warranty on all parts of the craft and those that have no warranty, like propellers. This is about all I can find on the subject. It does say, warranty varies, depending on where it was purchased.
Thanks, couldn't find that before. That's pretty poor warranty IMO. I'm wondering if this has changed recently. I wonder what they mean when they say "frame", which has no warranty? Is this the internal metal frame? If so, I wonder why they wouldn't stand behind that. It would see that would rarely go bad if not crashed.

If they replaced my whole P4 drone from a cracked shell at 362 days old, it appears the frame isn't the shell body. They don't spell our the warranty of the body shell. I guess they want to have some discretion to replace it or not, based on how the craft looks in general, if it's beaten up or not.

Reactions: LeonardB
Thanks, couldn't find that before. That's pretty poor warranty IMO. I'm wondering if this has changed recently. I wonder what they mean when they say "frame", which has no warranty? Is this the internal metal frame? If so, I wonder why they wouldn't stand behind that. It would see that would rarely go bad if not crashed.

If they replaced my whole P4 drone from a cracked shell at 362 days old, it appears the frame isn't the shell body. They don't spell our the warranty of the body shell. I guess they want to have some discretion to replace it or not, based on how the craft looks in general, if it's beaten up or not.
I think this might be on a case by case situations. You were fortunate or they wanted the shell for research. :)

Once again I send a 6 week old bird in for stress cracks and get a refurb back that has a small stress crack in a screw hold..I GIVE UP!

I've seen many posts about the refurb from DJI. I have sent in two drones to DJI over the past years. One came back refurb. One came back new.

I'm not certain why or what is the big problem with a refurb. The warranty does state that DJI has the option of replacing the bird with a refurb. Also, if you're sending in a drone with cracks, and they determine that a refurb that has passed all quality inspections is a better options, than what is the issue? If you sent in an older drone, you might get a newer, or more recent manufactured drone.

I have noted that when sending in a cell phone, you get a "like new" refurbished phone. The same applies to TV repairs when I had a problem with an LG large screen. The repair replaced the entire display with a factory "refurb."

Now, if you note a stress fracture at a screw hole, I might be upset. However, if it is a stable line, it may be only a minor cosmetic issue and I might not even care if it doesn't affect the flight.

Having flown my drone for months, it neither looks pristine nor new. Occasional mishaps do occur. Scratches and scuffs are part of it's patina.

As an aside, I just sent in my P4 Pro plus because the remote joy stick stopped working.

They just e-mailed me that it is repaired under warranty and being sent back.

I'll update what they return.

The biggest problem with DJI is there really isn't any competitor with a similar or better drone for the same money.

Reactions: The Ghost
I've seen many posts about the refurb from DJI. I have sent in two drones to DJI over the past years. One came back refurb. One came back new.

I'm not certain why or what is the big problem with a refurb. The warranty does state that DJI has the option of replacing the bird with a refurb. Also, if you're sending in a drone with cracks, and they determine that a refurb that has passed all quality inspections is a better options, than what is the issue? If you sent in an older drone, you might get a newer, or more recent manufactured drone.

I have noted that when sending in a cell phone, you get a "like new" refurbished phone. The same applies to TV repairs when I had a problem with an LG large screen. The repair replaced the entire display with a factory "refurb."

Now, if you note a stress fracture at a screw hole, I might be upset. However, if it is a stable line, it may be only a minor cosmetic issue and I might not even care if it doesn't affect the flight.

Having flown my drone for months, it neither looks pristine nor new. Occasional mishaps do occur. Scratches and scuffs are part of it's patina.

As an aside, I just sent in my P4 Pro plus because the remote joy stick stopped working.

The biggest problem with DJI is there really isn't any competitor with a similar or better drone for the same money.

I paid DJI last Friday via PayPal for repairs. Still zero word when my P4P will ship back. Any guesses?

There is a BIG difference between an Apple Refurb and a DJI Refurb. In most cases DJI doesn't do anything to the drone they send you. So for all I know my 6 week old drone now is a 8 month old drone...with Apple they do real factory refurb and there aren't the moving parts like a drone.

Reactions: ndroll
I would never recommend dji to nobody and will never do. They sent me broken remote with brand new P4A. I sent it back and got wrong remote that I could not use. dji: "sorry to hear that, send it back again". I am mad angry.
They dont care about customers and people working there do not care about crappy drones they repair. NEVER NEVER buy dji

The warranty doesn't matter because few get it. I sent my P4P in for a crack when it was only 3 weeks old. I got a refurbished one back. And I had to pay even though the crack was not due to my error.

Well, trying to deal withDJI customer support is a waste of time, PERIOD! I spent all of February trying to get an answer why my P4 flipped over at 200 feet and power dived into ground. I talked to four different people and emailed three more and none of them knew what the others had told me! I finally gave up after they sent me a new drone but never did learn why my old P4 became inverted. Then, when my new drone arrived they had removed the spring mounting clips on each motor mount. It took FIVE WEEKS to get them "mailed" to me!!!!! DJI definitely has no idea how to handle customer support and never will.
Jim
WA5TEF

Just chiming in to totally agree with service complaints. I bought my P4PP in June. Had it replaced under the refresh plan. When I received it the RC would not connect to WIFI. In short, I flew it for a week in June and I am still waiting for my RC with no word if they will replace it with or without charge. As much as I wanted to get an advanced drone from DJI, I am just to nervous to make a serious investment in their products. Looking for alternative solutions for the future.

Well, the warranty is only 6 months, on the Phantom 4 Pro, so, when warranty is over, i will just do all my own repairs. 6 months pass quickly.
There is always the repair facility that advertises here, flat rate on labor plus parts.

Once again I send a 6 week old bird in for stress cracks and get a refurb back that has a small stress crack in a screw hold..I GIVE UP!

This is again proof that DJI from China just doesn't get it. What do you expect from a communist country selling something to a free country? They think they can return an old refurbed bird for a 6 week old bird, and what are you going to do about it? I know a Chinese person who came from China and they are afraid to argue about much at all especially with the government. They are even told where to work and you have no say about it. Well, I digress.

Not sure what the complaint is. If DJI repaired the original drone and sent it back, you would have a refurbished drone. In other words, there is no difference in receiving a repaired drone or a refurb drone.

In the UK and Europe it is the same regarding refurbs. I am just going through the same process: five weeks old, big crash, sent in to Netherlands for repair, pay £465 and am getting a refurb back. They call it a "technical" but it means the same.
To me this sounds like company policy because not everyone can be doing a deal on the side.

Not sure what the complaint is. If DJI repaired the original drone and sent it back, you would have a refurbished drone. In other words, there is no difference in receiving a repaired drone or a refurb drone.
The problem is most of the refurbs arrive to the customers BROKEN!!!!

how would you know if its a refurb or new? I got back a bird that had stickers over all the sensors, and an April 2017 serial number. It took 3 weeks to turn around, which kind of sucked. The one I received back had the horizon tilted slightly, which seems better after recalibrating it. I haven't updated the firmware on this unit yet, not sure that I will.

how would you know if its a refurb or new? I got back a bird that had stickers over all the sensors, and an April 2017 serial number. It took 3 weeks to turn around, which kind of sucked. The one I received back had the horizon tilted slightly, which seems better after recalibrating it. I haven't updated the firmware on this unit yet, not sure that I will.
In the case of my first refurb

1. It was dirty and landing gear worn
2. It had original firmware on it from October 2016
3. Gimbal would not work right, had mind of it's own.

In other words you could tell it was in bad shape and not tested at DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West