DJI security concerns

If ever they hack into my account, they'll see that I often fly alone in the forest, dress like a sloth and usually have a beer within reach.

+1 guilty on all three counts! :)

Reactions: Specktech
Same here, Check my videos and they will have proof that Canadian trees hang out with other trees!...It's a party out there. As you fly further some trees are missing.....there at a lumber mill waiting to get a trim and a dressing and placed into a nice home. DJI app isn't any worse than the other bloatware I have in my cell phone that I can't even delete when I try.

How many of our experts on this forum said it can't be done. The article said they could even see live while you are flying. And DJI is required by law to turn over any information to the Chinese government. That could compromise police and government activities.

Same here, Check my videos and they will have proof that Canadian trees hang out with other trees!...It's a party out there. As you fly further some trees are missing.....there at a lumber mill waiting to get a trim and a dressing and placed into a nice home. DJI app isn't any worse than the other bloatware I have in my cell phone that I can't even delete when I try.
You forgot to add doing all the above butt neekid, at least down hete in the south!

This popped up in my news feed this morning:
World's most popular drones wide open to spying after Chinese manufacturer's flaw revealed
If ever they hack into my account, they'll see that I often fly alone in the forest, dress like a sloth and usually have a beer within reach.
Yeap, much ado about nothing. Unless you are photographing classified government facilities (and the feds are not allowing use of DJI products) what "intelligence" are the going to get they can't get from their own satellites?

Reactions: Specktech and tevek
In all seriousness, i have p4p plus and
Yeap, much ado about nothing. Unless you are photographing classified government facilities (and the feds are not allowing use of DJI products) what "intelligence" are the going to get they can't get from their own satellites?
If i understand this correctly, the concern is thru the dji app they have access to info on your phone, tablet. Your banking, credit card or other info.

In all seriousness, i have p4p plus and

If i understand this correctly, the concern is thru the dji app they have access to info on your phone, tablet. Your banking, credit card or other info.
Not sure if it extends that far as there a few simultaneous actions that need to occur to get into your account but I guess it depends on what you have linked to your account. For me it would reveal next to nothing except for a lot of footage of the local lake, kangaroos and a billion trees. Google earth or a weekend down my way would reveal pretty much the same info.

Not sure if it extends that far as there a few simultaneous actions that need to occur to get into your account but I guess it depends on what you have linked to your account. For me it would reveal next to nothing except for a lot of footage of the local lake, kangaroos and a billion trees. Google earth or a weekend down my way would reveal pretty much the same info.
Perhaps they want to compare Chinese kangaroos to the real thing....o_O

I stopped buying DJI a year ago. The P4P+ was my last DJI product, even though I would love a new Mavic. The constant updates, the customer service hassles and the questionable security moved me to other brands. DJI uses their consumer base to test hardware and foster relationships with larger corporate and government customers. I grew tired long ago of being a test pilot and having to pay for DJI mistakes. I have an older Typhoon H - only one update in the last year, no reporting back to the mothership and repairs/replacements are much easier to obtain. I'm waiting to order the new Typhoon H Plus with the same sensor as the Phantom 4 Pro, 6 rotors (can fly on 5), retractable landing gear and a fully rotating camera.

Haven't been happier since I left DJI.

Read of this before...not much to see here.

RoOSTA

I stopped buying DJI a year ago. The P4P+ was my last DJI product, even though I would love a new Mavic. The constant updates, the customer service hassles and the questionable security moved me to other brands. DJI uses their consumer base to test hardware and foster relationships with larger corporate and government customers. I grew tired long ago of being a test pilot and having to pay for DJI mistakes. I have an older Typhoon H - only one update in the last year, no reporting back to the mothership and repairs/replacements are much easier to obtain. I'm waiting to order the new Typhoon H Plus with the same sensor as the Phantom 4 Pro, 6 rotors (can fly on 5), retractable landing gear and a fully rotating camera.

Haven't been happier since I left DJI.
I also have positive experiences with the Typhoon and consider going back to this drone again. I thought that DJI was always innovative and well developed but see again and again inexplicable things happen.

All of us on a daily basis give up more information from our cell phones and in our home computer!
If you're using any app on a regular basis you've given up permission for them to look into your entire phone, listen to the microphone and turn the camera on.
You're not doing anything wrong you got nothing to worry about.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor