DJI - Repair Turnaround Time (About 2 wks)

Reaction score
I'm super impressed. My P3 was checked in on Sept 1. Today I got an email stating that they found a problem with the main board and that it should be shipped out in a day (15 days later).

It had trouble hoovering or maintaining direction and altitude. At first I thought it was a problem with the battery, then HealthyDrones suggested the compass might be the problem. 5 out of the last 8 flights were very troublesome, so I sent it in for repairs. I hoped they might just replace it (to make me feel better about it) but if they fixed it and were able to verify it's fully functional, I'm happy with that too!

I know others have had longer waits, so I do consider myself one of the lucky ones. They have clearly made strides to improve post-sale service, that much is obvious.

I'm super impressed. My P3 was checked in on Sept 1. Today I got an email stating that they found a problem with the main board and that it should be shipped out in a day (15 days later).

It had trouble hoovering or maintaining direction and altitude. At first I thought it was a problem with the battery, then HealthyDrones suggested the compass might be the problem. 5 out of the last 8 flights were very troublesome, so I sent it in for repairs. I hoped they might just replace it (to make me feel better about it) but if they fixed it and were able to verify it's fully functional, I'm happy with that too!

I know others have had longer waits, so I do consider myself one of the lucky ones. They have clearly made strides to improve post-sale service, that much is obvious.

That flight footage looks wild. That would have freaked me right out!

Good to hear the turnaround will be so quick though.

I called the 818 phone number a number of times just to get the RMA, but when they answered they were quick and professional. I called today for a status update (which they didn't have this morning) and they answered on the first ring, first try.

Just got an email back stating my shell and main board (unlevel horizon) were damaged/faulty and both have been replaced, free of charge. I should get an email with tracking info in a couple days. Woo!! Sent it to them 9-1, was checked in 9-3, and I just got the email about it being repaired. Approx 2 weeks turn around. Definitely not the 7-8 weeks I was quoted.

Just got an email back stating my shell and main board (unlevel horizon) were damaged/faulty and both have been replaced, free of charge. I should get an email with tracking info in a couple days. Woo!! Sent it to them 9-1, was checked in 9-3, and I just got the email about it being repaired. Approx 2 weeks turn around. Definitely not the 7-8 weeks I was quoted.

I hope you fill us in till you receive it in your hands.
If that's the case great! Your repair went deep into the bird lots of wires an a shell replacement to boot.
Not an easy fix so 2 weeks thumbs up!
You would think with that amount of work they would just part it and send a new one and write off the other.

I hope you fill us in till you receive it in your hands.
If that's the case great! Your repair went deep into the bird lots of wires an a shell replacement to boot.
Not an easy fix so 2 weeks thumbs up!
You would think with that amount of work they would just part it and send a new one and write off the other.
Yea I was assuming after reading that the mainboard was bad and knowing I'd need a new shell they would swap it, but according to the email they state " the components have been replaced" oh well. If it's back at 100% I'm happy. I'll let you guys know if the actual bird makes it back as soon as they're implying.

Reactions: envisionabove

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164