Dji phantom 4 and ipad mini4

Reaction score
Hi guys does the dji f4 work with mini 4 wifi or i need 4g ? Just wondering if i can use tethering from my phone to the ipad

Your tablet does not need any form of WiFi. The tablet connects to the controller with a USB cable.

Your tablet does not need any form of WiFi. The tablet connects to the controller with a USB cable.

Thanks i am using i phone 7+ just wondering if the mini 4 works the same or better than the iphone 7+
I can buy cheap ipad 4 if it works the same

I have not tried it but based on my readings there are a couple things that you have to be aware of if you don’t have a cellular iPad.

1) I believe you have to be mindful of caching maps to the iPad before you go out in the field if having a map is important to your flying (it may not be).

2) You won’t have GPS in the WiFi only iPad. This does not affect the flight of the aircraft. It has its own GPS. But I believe you will not be able to use the feature that lets you reset the home point to your controller’s location (in the event you have moved since takeoff such as on a moving boat). This also may be unimportant to you.

Reactions: Tony wehbe
with an ipad you could see better then the iphone 7
Does this apply to it just being a bigger screen or is the daytime brightness also better on the iPad mini4 vs. iPhone 7? Even with a sun shade there are times when I can’t make out what’s on my iPhone 7 screen in bright daylight.

Does this apply to it just being a bigger screen or is the daytime brightness also better on the iPad mini4 vs. iPhone 7? Even with a sun shade there are times when I can’t make out what’s on my iPhone 7 screen in bright daylight.
The display on the iPad mini 4 is not any brighter than on the iPhone 7. Are use both occasionally but I am leaning more toward the iPad mini 4 more these days. As long as You heed the advice of the previous posts here it’s a good choice. To get the daylight screen you’d have to go with something like the Crystal Sky.

In my opinion, the other good reason to use a dedicated device like the iPad mini 4 instead of your phone, would be to free up the phone for a call if needed. This is important if you’re flying commercially under an airspace authorization and may be called by the ATC. If you’re using your phone as your monitor, then things can be kind of cumbersome .

The display on the iPad mini 4 is not any brighter than on the iPhone 7. Are use both occasionally but I am leaning more toward the iPad mini 4 more these days. As long as You heed the advice of the previous posts here it’s a good choice. To get the daylight screen you’d have to go with something like the Crystal Sky.
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart