DJI phantom 3

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking into buying the DJI phantom 3 advanced or profession (that is beside the point for this querie) I am looking to run aftermarket li-po battery packs however I can't seem to find the physical dimensions of the original batter pack or the inside sleeve of the phantom 3? I want to know if it is even possible to use aftermarket batteries on the phantom 3 because this is a large buying point for me I don't want to be stuck with the original EXTREMELY expensive batteries...

I'm new to this forum so all the help I can get would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Josh [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

You need to understand that the batteries for the P2's and P3's are not just lipo batteries. They contain charging circuitry and other electronics as well. So anyone wanting to make aftermarket P3 batteries needs to have this included. To my knowledge there are no aftermarket P3 batteries out yet. I'm sure there will be but it will take time. I also don't know that they would be that much cheaper.

The P2 had aftermarket batteries almost 9 months after its debut so don't let that influence your buying decision on the P3. Additionally, they were only 25% cheaper and some were bricked when unwitting customers applied firmware updates including the battery. My recommendation: stay within the walled garden. The prices will come down over time. Right now the problem is they won't even stay in stock let alone at a discount.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl