DJI Phantom 3 Advanced controller not charging and turning on

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm new guys here and recently bought used DJI Phantom which wasn't used for multiple months (Drone and controller was turning on fine yesterday)

Yesterday I upgraded firmware of my controller and seems that it went fine and I turned off controller. Today I tried to turn on the controller and it literally didn't react on clicking on power button. I thought that maybe it went extremely low on battery so tried to charge it, but no light come up..

Saw online that there was similar problems and tried to hard reset the controller by unplugging the battery for 10seconds (even more) and plug it back, but seems that didn't help at all. Then I saw that some guys (in youtube) plugged in charger without battery and legs should turn on, so I tried the same and no leds turning on for me. I'm living in place where DJI service is not easily accessible, but that would be my last option..

Do you have some ideas how I could debug more of this issue and some things to try to do?

Thank you very much!

Hello guys,

I'm new guys here and recently bought used DJI Phantom which wasn't used for multiple months (Drone and controller was turning on fine yesterday)

Yesterday I upgraded firmware of my controller and seems that it went fine and I turned off controller. Today I tried to turn on the controller and it literally didn't react on clicking on power button. I thought that maybe it went extremely low on battery so tried to charge it, but no light come up..

Saw online that there was similar problems and tried to hard reset the controller by unplugging the battery for 10seconds (even more) and plug it back, but seems that didn't help at all. Then I saw that some guys (in youtube) plugged in charger without battery and legs should turn on, so I tried the same and no leds turning on for me. I'm living in place where DJI service is not easily accessible, but that would be my last option..

Do you have some ideas how I could debug more of this issue and some things to try to do?

Thank you very much!
Just have to ask you are pressing twice on power button ay,,still thinking on the not charging if was ok,,got nother batt to try to eliminate batt fault

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yes, Donn't forget that you need to press the "ON" button twice, second time hold it down for a couple of seconds.
If you have access to the battery, check the voltage - do you have a multimeter?

I sometimes forget the correct way to turn my RC and ac on
Very easy to do /not to do
I laugh at myself because I have done it several times good luck lots of good people on here to help out
Since I haven’t said it in awhile thanks to you all for helping me in the past, future and now
Thanks again
Just an old man 2cents worth !!!

Update on situation:

Seems that controller was bricked after firmware update I did yesterday.
At the end manage to turn it on with C1 + Shutter + Power button combination and firmware appeared as unknown for the RC, so tried to upgrade it. For a coupe of times it failed and controller turned of by itself a couple of times, but on 4th attempt upgrade went fine without any troubles and RC works totally fine.

Thank you for your support and quick responses. ;)

I sometimes forget the correct way to turn my RC and ac on
Very easy to do /not to do
I laugh at myself because I have done it several times good luck lots of good people on here to help out
Since I haven’t said it in awhile thanks to you all for helping me in the past, future and now
Thanks again
Just an old man 2cents worth !!!
Ha Ha! Well it's an 80yo helping you - don't knock us :D

Reactions: Jgreg
Something about age and fine wine
Mmmm i don’t recall just made 63
Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member