DJI P3P vs Yuneec Q500 4k

Reaction score
hi guys

Right so I'm looking to buy either a phantom 3 pro or a Yuneec Q500 4K

I fully understand that this is a Phantom forum and 99% are going to be bias towards them, but just thought I'd ask the question and see if I could gather a little more info

Would love your opinion either way

Thanks
Mike

I have both Phantom 3 4K and a q500 4K both good drones. Though I lean towards the Phantom. In more windy areas (I live near the southern NJ shore) the. Phantom is much more stable and is not struggling as much to stay up.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Falcon mate I'm leaning more towards the yuneec as i love the design and love the fact it comes with the hand held attachment for the camera, as someone who has used them both, do you find the range on the yuneec is an issue?

If your first inclination is Yuneec go with it. You came to that conclusion based on your preference. Q has the hand held device. That seems important to you.. Go for it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the advice bud, something just keeps niggling in the back of my mind about the range being poor, do range extenders make a big difference?

I thought about the Yuneec too but once the controller was in my hands I realized it was cheaply made. Feels like a toy. Way over priced for a toy drone. The hand held camera much like the Osmo is virtually useless indoors or in low light. On the plus side it's big and cool looking. Get a Phantom 4 for sport flying, photography, and maximum utility. Better yet wait for Phantom 5 the 4 is already old news.

I've heard the exact opposite mate, I've heard the build on these things is much nicer than DJI...

Suppose I'll only know by holding both myself

I got the phantom due to range...Thing is a beast. I was very against DJI and the phantom, I was a build it yourself guy. Then I was at the lake and watched this guy flying his P3A around with no issues, great range, and just having fun. I thought to myself, thats what I want.

Hey Mikemike180
No the range has never been an issue with me. I did find the hand held camera attachment could be a little difficult to use to you got the hang of it and the app.

Hey Mikemike180
No the range has never been an issue with me. I did find the hand held camera attachment could be a little difficult to use to you got the hang of it and the app.

Range is going to vary with the environment. That being said, only DJI has Lightbridge. I played with other birds and 5.8ghz wi fi cannot go as far in unobstructed environments and while Lightbridge is not perfect, it gives better range. Wifi also is less able to penetrate trees. That is a big issue where I live as the area has large, dense mature trees and hills. Even if the Phantom does not give me the advertised range where I live, it is still superior to my experience with 5.8ghz wifi. The Yuneec is enticing and just looking at it makes you want to buy it. If range is an issue though, I don't think you will be happy. I have gotten almost 5000 meters using an inexpensive parabolic windsurfer add on. Even with the windsurfer, this would not be possible on any drone using 5.8ghz. I don't know how DJI can separate the RC and video signals when they are so close to each other but they seem to be the only ones who can do it. Those who use 5.8ghz are using the higher frequency to prevent interference with the RC but there is a cost. As the frequency goes up, the range goes down and is less able to penetrate obstructions. I was able to get better range by replacing the panel and omni directional antennas with helical antennas, but it still never got close as to what I can achieve with the Phantom.

Before making a decision, I would do some researching on the web about this. I was frustrated with my last drone and spent a good bit of time researching antennas and finding out why 5.8ghz is such a problem. I am no engineer, but there are plenty who explain this is a manner that is more understandable to us lay people.

Reactions: J-F
Ditto, exactly the same as me. I used to build my own. A friend had a Phantom, A year later I bought one and sold all of my self built stuff. I have never enjoyed flying more.
I got the phantom due to range...Thing is a beast. I was very against DJI and the phantom, I was a build it yourself guy. Then I was at the lake and watched this guy flying his P3A around with no issues, great range, and just having fun. I thought to myself, thats what I want.

I own a drone store. Have flown both machines many times. The DJI app makes up for the built in screen on the Yuneec. I mean, the app makes flying so much more fun and engaging. The built in screen has about 30% of the funtionality that the DJI app has. The p3 is zippy and fast and yes, the expensive batteries are expensive, but that's it. Accessories are cheap, the P3 flies great. And the 350 size makes all the difference in portability and access. The beat camera is the one you have with you - the P3 is a perfect size. I like the P3 a lot. It's also faster and more fun to fly.

I have both, P3P & (2)Q-500 4K's. More time spent flying with the P3P. I just like the functionality of it and the way it handles when flying it.

Ok thanks guys! Really appreciate all the feedback, I think the range is possibly going to be an issue for me :(

It's looking like a P3P is going to be for me, I'll let you know which way I go with this

I've got a guy with a Yuneec who claims its better than DJI and is going to let me have a close look and little play with it so I'll see how I get on

I still say go with the Yuneec. That is what you wanted after researching.. That said I have the P3p. My choice after researching. Can say that I'm very happy with my choice. I'm certain on the Yuneec forum you will find folks are happy with their choices.

Reactions: MrTommy
I've heard the exact opposite mate, I've heard the build on these things is much nicer than DJI...

Suppose I'll only know by holding both myself

Typhoon H maybe.. Q 500 not so sure

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: J-F
Well I've got a chance of a swap, a q500 4K for my iPad Pro, so I might just go for it, what do you think?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl