DJI New Pilot Experience

Reaction score
Anyone ever attend one of these? Heading up to Boston for work and there is one on Saturday. Thinking about staying the extra day to check it out. Worth paying for a hotel to check out? Thanks for thoughts.

Looks like a few talks to complete newbies. It's probably not worth it for anyone who hangs out on forums like this. That said, if there was one conveniently right in my area, I would probably check it out.

Looks like a few talks to complete newbies. It's probably not worth it for anyone who hangs out on forums like this. That said, if there was one conveniently right in my area, I would probably check it out.

I think your right. I signed up for one close to me just to check it out. Who knows, might be fun...

I think you guys will be board you'll probably know more than the instructors . At least it's free and when you go out to do the hands on flight treat it like a rental car :p

I was "accepted" to go to the New York "New Pilot Experience" which is in Brooklyn this Saturday...not the easiest borough to get to...bridges, tunnels, and such. It's been asked and sort of answered, but I am re-bumping this in the hope that more folks can chime in with their thoughts on the program...namely those who have attended recently...thanks!

Hey Tricky. I wouldn't do it again. Went last week in Mass. Left after the first hour. They didn't even bring an inspire. If you're looking to buy a P3 then not bad. Otherwise it kind of sucked. That's just my experience. Save the money from tolls and parking and go gave a couple beers and some lunch.

Reactions: Tricky
I enjoyed the event they held here. Got to fly a couple of birds, after the class, and met some awesome people who are obviously Phantom fanatics.
You will get a nice DJI lapel pin as well.
It was fun, interesting, educational, and I enjoyed myself.

Yes, take one in, if given the opportunity.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Tricky
Yes, it was well worth the early morning trip across the capital city.
I was surprised that it was a full house. Everybody enjoyed the class room atmosphere, and flying the Phantom for the first time after, was a lot of fun.. I had never even heard of an Inspire 1, before that DJI First PIilot Experience. ;-) & that was an eye opener, in itself.

Yes, if you can get an invitation, please do attend the DJI Event.

RedHotPoker

I had never even heard of an Inspire 1, before that DJI First PIilot Experience. ;-) & that was an eye opener, in itself.

RedHotPoker
Really o_O

I am an Align kind of guy... DFC!!

Was not PREVIOUSLY schooled in DJI.

It's great to belong, now. ;-)

I had always admired the Phantom, whenever I saw them in the hobby shops, but mistakenly thought the radio controller appeared too simplified. I didn't know about their onboard controls.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: 750r
I enjoyed the event they held here. Got to fly a couple of birds, after the class, and met some awesome people who are obviously Phantom fanatics.
You will get a nice DJI lapel pin as well.
It was fun, interesting, educational, and I enjoyed myself.

Yes, take one in, if given the opportunity.

RedHotPoker

I went last weekend, in Baarn, the Netherlands. Yes the talk is for newbies. But the instructors, one of them even repairs Phantoms, Inspires and other in their specialized (repair)shop, are great. Into RC flying for 20 years now. For me it was valuable for the exchange with others, always continue learning:) Yes some real Phantom fanatics willing to give useful tips. A possible collaboration/exchange for me comes out of this with another Phantom pilot. Also a woman isn't that funny.

Hi Marlijn Franken,
It's interesting and a remarkable part of life, how we meet and interact with others,
meeting strangers, who being our old friends. ;-) much like me, greeting you here today. ;-)

Well Come On In, to the forum Marlijn, and to this extended Phantom Family.
& oh My, what an interesting name you have.
I'm happy to hear that you attended a DJI First Pilot Experience, and came away from it a much richer person.
Imagine one of those awesome events, in every major city, world wide? That makes for a awful lot of us DJI Phantom and Inspire 1 fans...(Matrice)

Looking forward to seeing some more of your pics & videos...
MEDIA=vimeo]134860147[/MEDIA]
Very nice...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl