DJI GO4 update

When you updated the P4P firmware, did you update the RC also? Did you update the Go4 app?

All updated (latest) it was the app update that changed things . I’ve just setup in the house to check updates. Functioning ok here. It was a v windy day last outdoor flight but I don’t think that would do it.

All updated (latest) it was the app update that changed things . I’ve just setup in the house to check updates. Functioning ok here. It was a v windy day last outdoor flight but I don’t think that would do it.
If it's still not working, try uninstalling the Go4 app. Then turn off the iPad and reboot, then load the Go4 app again and see if that makes any difference. I've heard others had success with that.

Just flown for the 1st time in a while on the latest updates and ios11.1.2 crash. Crash. Crash. Even back home trying to work out what’s wrong the app is crashing without the P4p on.
3 batteries, all the same. I’m sure it’s the app & not the Phantom. But don’t know what can be done about it

Just flown for the 1st time in a while on the latest updates and ios11.1.2 crash. Crash. Crash. Even back home trying to work out what’s wrong the app is crashing without the P4p on.
3 batteries, all the same. I’m sure it’s the app & not the Phantom. But don’t know what can be done about it
Delete the GO4 app and reinstalled, for starters.

Delete the GO4 app and reinstalled, for starters.

Cheers John. I had actually just done that before coming back on. The app has definitely stopped crashing on its own so things may be better now. Still getting the interference warnings but I am at home now and it could actually be interference.

I had checked downloads and all were up to date beforehand. Hopefully sorted, it’s such a shame you can’t suss this out without actually flying as I need to travel out before I can.

On another note
Has anyone experienced a gimbal/camera being off centre after calibration? I.e. push stick forward (only) and the Phantom crabs a bit off track in relation to the camera, same with side travel as well?

Has anyone experienced a gimbal/camera being off centre after calibration? I.e. push stick forward (only) and the Phantom crabs a bit off track in relation to the camera, same with side travel as well
This is common. Many craft will come from the factory with a crooked camera.

See this thread, particularly post #2 that shows how to fix it.

Last edited:
I had checked downloads and all were up to date beforehand.
When you are happy with the flight characteristics of your craft, STOP UPDATING! If there are no serious issues adequate to justify updating, don't be tempted to update again. You risk spending hours fixing things that don't work if you aways update. DISABLE auto update for your Go4 app! IGNORE suggestions from DJI to update firmware.

Oh yeah, make sure you turn off your tablet wifi and your cellphone wifi when flying. It seems that recent Go4 updates are more sensitive to smart devices hunting 2.4Ghz wifi band for an access point to connect with, which interferes with lightbridge when flying on 2.4Ghz band. Flying on 5.8Ghz mitigates this issue.

I have a P4 and have been using my Samsung S8 for a screen. I am about to purchase an Apple 10.5 inch I Pad Pro (newest generation) with Wi-Fi & Celluar 64 GB.
Anyone have experience with this tablet? I went on the DJI recommendation list and this tablet is listed but the green & yellow dots are not next to this table (2017 IPad Pro) which supposedly signifies their recommendation.
I have 10.5 running iOS 11.2.1. I’m testing it for my upcoming trip. I use my iPad for everything. I don’t close any app that I run unless the app has any problem. I have both DJI GO4 and GSP on my device. I have all settings turned on on GO4 to see if I get any problems. So far nothing.

I had that issues was cleared by updating the iOS as per recommendations from this forum since then it's been working great

I've read about various problems with the DJI GO 4 updates so I manually update the apps on my iPad. I haven't updated the GO 4 app in a few months. I'm still using version 4.1.12. I just checked to see what the latest version is. That is 4.1.20. Is there any reason why I shouldn't update? Everything is fine with the one I'm using.

I'm currently using IOS 11.2.5 on my iPad Pro.

I've read about various problems with the DJI GO 4 updates so I manually update the apps on my iPad. I haven't updated the GO 4 app in a few months. I'm still using version 4.1.12. I just checked to see what the latest version is. That is 4.1.20. Is there any reason why I shouldn't update? Everything is fine with the one I'm using.

I'm currently using IOS 11.2.5 on my iPad Pro.
Don't update Go4 or firmware unless you have a compelling reason to. If it works, don't mess with it. Especially if you have 1.3.509 firmware in the craft. That version is priceless IMO.

Last edited:
Don't update Go4 or firmware unless you have a compelling reason to. If it works, don't mess with it. Especially if you have 1.3.509 firmware in the craft. That version is priceless IMO.

The craft firmware is 1.4.0602.

Noobie question - where do you find the "disable auto update" for the Go4?
Thanks.

Noobie question - where do you find the "disable auto update" for the Go4?
Thanks.

In the iPhone or iPad it’s - Settings - iTunes/App Store. You’ll see Automatic downloads. Turn updates off. You the. Have to manually selects apps that you want to update.

OK, got it. Auto updates were already turned off. I thot maybe there was also a setting in Go4. I see where it wants to update to 4.1.18. Just checked and I'm still at 4.1.7. Will leave it as is. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
finestheatingn