Dji go ups version best for 1.5.7 firmware

Reaction score
Hello, I have a phantom 3 standard running 1.5.7 firmware.
I'm thinking about buying a ipad since the 2017 version has come down so much in price. I wanted to get some thoughts on this if anyone is using it and if there is a particular version on dji go i should use with this firmware for best performance.
I'm tired of dealing with android overheating and poor signal.

I'm not sure you can pick your DJI Go App version. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all you can download from the App Store is the latest version.

I'm not sure you can pick your DJI Go App version. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all you can download from the App Store is the latest version.

That's what I was thinking also. Don't think you can 'select' your GoApp version. I run 1.5.70 firmware on my P3S, and GoApp 3.0.0 and haven't updated in months. Why? It flies perfectly. Why mess up a good thing?

If you really want to go through the hassle, it might be possible to get an older version from the App Store, see this. I have used this method with the GoPro app so I can confirm it works (worked), but it's clearly not for everybody. Also, keep in mind that you don't know ahead of time what versions are still available on the App Store, so you might go through most of the process to find out that they don't have the one you want. Not sure why you would want to do it... I believe many people run the latest GO on iOS without problems (I'm on Android, so I can't comment).

If you have iTunes on PC/Mac, you can make a copy of the DJI GO .ipa file before every update, so you keep a library of all versions and can quickly revert to any of those.

See Amazing Range with Stock P3S using Go App 2.8.4 and FW 1.5.7+.

After upgrading everything, my P3S range dropped to about 300m max from 2800 m. . Next I went back FW 1.5.7 and new Go App with no change in range. Drone has not been dropped or crashed or taken apart, it just won't go very far anymore. Only apparent variable is the Go App.

If anyone has the correct iTune IPA file for DJI Go App 2.8.4 I would like to try it. I am not sure I want to attempt the Riddler method as 2.8.4 might not be available.

If anyone has the correct iTune IPA file for DJI Go App 2.8.4 I would like to try it. I am not sure I want to attempt the Riddler method as 2.8.4 might not be available.

My understanding is that .ipa files are signed with your Apple ID and cannot be freely installed on other people's devices.

Well I'm gonna just stick with the newest dji app and hope it's good. Anyone having range problems with it and using 1.5.7 firmware.

Well I'm gonna just stick with the newest dji app and hope it's good. Anyone having range problems with it and using 1.5.7 firmware.
1.5.7 with the latest version of go for over a year now. Easily over a mile with a cheap antenna upgrade and never an issue.

1.5.7 with the latest version of go for over a year now. Easily over a mile with a cheap antenna upgrade and never an issue.

My bird is also on 1.5.70, and has been for quite a while now. My biggest fear on updating the GoApp is compatibility with the older firmware. All DJI needs to do is design it so the older firmware does not play well with newer GoApp versions.......thus forcing a firmware update to match. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but DJI can be sneaky.

1.5.70 firmware and the 3.0.0 GoApp version play well together for me- no issues-great range with my DBS. Glad the new version works for those who upgrade..........so far.

My bird is also on 1.5.70, and has been for quite a while now. My biggest fear on updating the GoApp is compatibility with the older firmware. All DJI needs to do is design it so the older firmware does not play well with newer GoApp versions.......thus forcing a firmware update to match. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but DJI can be sneaky.

1.5.70 firmware and the 3.0.0 GoApp version play well together for me- no issues-great range with my DBS. Glad the new version works for those who upgrade..........so far.
I wouldn't be surprised if DJI tried to force a firmware update on us, that almost happened when version 3.0 was released and the UI was extremely slow when linked to a standard with the 1.5.7 firmware. I used the video someone posted here and was able to downgrade until DJI patched it. DJI can try to force on me whatever they would like, but I don't plan to do another firmware update for the life of my standard.

I wouldn't be surprised if DJI tried to force a firmware update on us, that almost happened when version 3.0 was released and the UI was extremely slow when linked to a standard with the 1.5.7 firmware. I used the video someone posted here and was able to downgrade until DJI patched it. DJI can try to force on me whatever they would like, but I don't plan to do another firmware update for the life of my standard.

Agree here. I'm not upgrading firmware until it won't fly, or hell freezes over.......whatever comes first. [emoji848]

I love the dji products but really hate the service and personal touch they have. I'm very disappointed with their changes to dji go. They should just stop making standard flyers upgrade app versions since its not being produced anymore. Always cause more bs to fix to fly it the way it was intended. That being said my next drone will probably be a competitor.

Last edited:
Had to update firmware no fly, "You require the new DJI GO APP" update failed, uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Even changed out the SD card. The camera home page does not even recognize my 4K it thinks its an INSPIRE. No video from camera but camera LED is green. No takeoff. "Strong interferance" for Remote Weak Signal message disconnects and reconnects. Never makes it "Safe to fly" It won't even pick up the GPS.

I have a p3s and get update required and do the work around and still seems to fly for me. What phantom do you have Daisy?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl